meeting fans // oneshot 8

au; dan and phil are canon, and not everyone is accepting (which is a shame)

a small little girl ran across the dirty floors of the convention, but stopped at nothing to run into the arms of dan howell.

a bright smile plastered over her face, she laughed and her small plump hands grasped dan's hobbit hair. 

"now now," an angry mother walked into the meeting room, reaching out for the child. dan gave the child one last loving gaze before giving her back to the teenage. phil lester emerged from behind the background screen, carrying drinks for him and dan. he looked almost flustered when seeing the new comers. 

"Oh hey, I'm sorry but we are on a brea-"

"no phil we can make a excep-"

"we're leaving," the mom held a glaring stare and the youtube stars, before turning her back and walking out. the baby girl smiled and waved goodbye to the affronted stars. neither dan or phil bothered to seem shocked, meet and greets can't be perfect after all.

phil set down the 2 cold coffees he just got, and handed one to dan. 

"just one more session," phil muttered with a twinge of guilt.

dan saw the guilt in his partners eyes, "phil," he managed to muster, but didn't know what to say. he never did, rarely was it that phil's the one suffering instead of dan.

"phil," dan shifted over to sit next to him on the bench, "phil nothings perfect, we can't expect everyone to be accepting,"

"I know," phil whispered.

"come on," dan weakly tried to smile, and waved to the gifts that were from the phandom.

"just because," dan got up and picked up a rainbow flag with d + p imprinted on it, "some of our fans aren't accepting," he gingerly put his empty hand on phils neck, "doesn't mean the rest 99% aren't" and he placed the flag in his hands, and pecked a kiss on his cheek. 

phil lifted with a little bit of sunshine, not letting the hate cloud his vision. 

"okay?" dan simpered,

"okay." phil confirmed. 

"1 minute till start!" a manager cried from a room away, watching the crowds stream in and out, waiting in line to meet the 2 youtube phenomenons.

dan gave him one more peck on the lips before turning his back and waving to the fans- well not fans anymore- their phandom, the people whom brung him and phil together.

now that's something dan cherished.

phil came from behind and put an arm around dan.

"you ready?" 

"more than ever," dan and phil smiled with shared happiness, and prepared to meet the people who they share equal love for.

author's note; wowza this is short and cringy srry but i wanted to update so ;0 [word count; 451]