i miss you // oneshot 6

[word count 1374]
[prompt; Dan and Phil dated for a while but it got all awkward and it ended, but after a while one starts to miss the other, but one of them starts to fall for someone completely different-random idea by moi]

Dan was living alone. Phil ended up moving out of their flat after things just went wrong. Dan did something very, very wrong. Phil did something very, very unfair. It just ended up ending.

Several Months After The Breakup

Dan Howell was sitting, tapping his coffee cup outside a small, unknown cafe in the depths of London, England.
He was in deep thought, wondering if he should be crying after it all. But he wasn't, he was done with the tears. He was done with begging, crying- saying sorry- to Phil Lester, trying his best to revive the love Phil once felt.

But there was nothing.

Just nothing left for Dan.

Phil just left, packed up and left Dan with an empty room and empty cereal boxes.

Tap, tap, tap, Dan's unmaintained nails clipped the coffee lid, almost prying it off and spilling coffee over the petty glass table, under a ripped worn out umbrella.

Did he ever so try. To say sorry. To make it up to Phil. But Phil was angry. So very very angry. The fiery feelings radiated everywhere, burning Dan up.

Tap, tap, tap,

Dan started to pry the lid of the cup, trying to rest his mind, his anxious heart, his sad sad life.

He jerked away from the glass table, ending up tipping the cup over and spilling the coffee everywhere.
He also ended up lifting the short table with his knees and knocking over the table itself, embarrassingly cracking the edge, when it hit the hard concrete platform.

Thankfully, there weren't any other customers beside him. No one to video tape his cringe-ness, none to laugh and point, no one to give him pitying looks of disgust.

A waiter can rushing out, from behind the counter that was filled with pastries and other desserts, to see what the commotion was.

He faced a guy with a black fringe, who looked like was ready to give up and cry.

"You okay?" The mysterious waiter didn't even add in a bit of anger, just concern.

"Yeah, okay, okay," Dan's eyes started brimming, "okay, maybe less then okay, okay? okay!"

"Mate, calm down, it's okay,"

"No it's never going to be okay. I'm damned for the sins I commit and Phil will never be with me again,"

"Was Phil your lover?"

"Was"

The waiter took Dan into his arms and let him cry on his shoulder.
Dan pulled back and smiled sadly.

"You didn't have to do that-"

"Nah man, normally I hate physical touch but you need a hug,"

"I'm sorry for the mess I created,"
Dan started playing with the drenched cup lid in his hands, biting his lip and trying to to cringe and cry.

"Everyone makes a mess every once in a while, it's okay,"

"Yeah but not this big of a mess,"
Dan whispered solemnly, wanting to go back in time, where was the doctor when we need him?

"Is this about Phil?"

"Might be, I just don't kn- know an- anymore,"
He started crying again, then the waiter wiped his eyes daintily with a rough napkin he rapidly pulled out from the dispenser.