Tresspassers

I had been sitting for a few minutes when that sound of wing flaps startled Darin awake. "Hey calm down Darin. Your safe." I said as he looked at me with blurry eyes. "Nevin! Where's uncle Millard? Where are we?" He asked looking around. "I don't know where uncle Millard is. And on dragon isle. Dragons are real Darin!" I said before we were shaken by a large thump. "Derek! Come on Derek the prospective trainees are here!" A light voice called before opening the door. It was a girl in her late 20s wearing a dark brown leather vest and pants over a forest green shirt. Her long red hair was pulled back. "Who are you?" She hissed. "In nevin and this is my twin Darin. Our ship got caught in a storm Derek is helping us as Darin got a bad burn." I said quickly. "Hmm how do I know your not steelwings in hiding?" She asked bringing out her knife. "Come on our side." She said forcing both of us out. Darin wincing as the sun hit his skin. "Lyra who are they?" A sweet voice asked by a large green dragon. I looked over and saw a group of six teens around Darin and i's age the one who spoke was short with golden brown hair tied into a braid. "Trespassers irene. I must test them they could be steelwings." The woman Lyra said. "But mother you said steelwings are sneaky and conniving. How can you test them here?" A boy that looked like Lyra asked. "The dragon cave. Forestlight will go with them. He won't let any harm come to those who are just." Lyra said as the green dragon walked over as Lyra pushed us into the cave. "Darin don't move!" I said placing him against the wall. "Derek said not to enter the cave! I'd rather face you then face an angry dragon mother!" I shouted even as the dragon forestlight blocked my way.

"He is right you know I did tell him that. Smart lad." I heard Derek shouting over the sound of sandrunner landing. "I would have expected more from you Lyra make it into the kings guard and you don't see people needing help but trespassers. What would your father think?" Derek asked as forest light moved and Derek walked in. "Gala your awake. I didn't see anyone else but I didn't search far. I'm sorry kids. Now let's get you out before poppytail wakes up yes?" Derek said helping Darin stand. "Now then you two just sit over here with sandrunner her wings will protect you from the sun. Then maybe we can see about adding you two to the trainees" he said settling Derek leaning onto sandrunner. "A dragon a dragon I think I saw a dragon!" I heard Darin muttering making me chuckle. I watched as the group was inspected from all aspects. "You all will work well. Now then nevin Darin. I can tell you both will make fine riders one day. You both are now trainees. And will live here with me and sandrunner." Derek said before walking off with Lyra.