"No no it's totally fine, consider it yours. A gift from me to you as an apology for yesterday." He's being too quiet today, it's unlike him. I know for a fact he's holding something back that he doesn't want to tell me. 

"Thanks." I reply with my cheeks still flushed. He looks away and focuses on the road ahead of him. I stay staring at his side profile until he starts smirking giving telling me that he knows. I quickly jot my look down from his face and to his hands. He's wearing a long sleeve black shirt, nothing I'd ever thought I'd see him wear. He has the end of the sleeves pulled down so low I can't see his knuckles, only the tips of his fingers. He notices me taking interest in his hands and moves uncomfortably in his seat. 

"We're here." He interupts my thoughts. I look up and we're already parked infront of the school, that was faster than I had expected or maybe I was so distracted that I didn't realize how long we had been driving already.

Harry steps out of the car and I follow him. Follow him?

"Where are you going?" I say while walking behind him towards the front doors of the school.

"I need to go turn this in." He waved a white sealed envelope in front of him in the air. He's careful not to let the sleeves slip down below the middle of his fingers. What's he hiding? Does he cut? Oh my god.

"Do you cut?" I blurt out. He look back at me, still continuing to walk. There's no one in sight considering first period had already started more than thirty minutes ago and everyone is in class. 

"What? No!" He sounds bothered by what I just said. His eyebrows meet creating a crease between his forehead.

"Then why are your sleeves so pulled down so low?" Curiosity getting the best of me. He laughs and throws his head back.

"I'm cold that's all."

"What's that you're turning in?" I try to change the subject before it gets any more embarrassing.

"I told you yesterday when I was driving you to your house." He frowns. I was too distracted by the fucking cops to pay attention to him. Who knows what else he said, for all I know he could've told me what it is he's holding back.

"I'm sorry I wasn't-"

"Listening. I know. It's an apology letter to the principle so she can enroll me back in the hellhole." He waves his hands around pointing out the 'hellhole' as he says we call school.

"They're taking you back?!" I nearly jump up but control myself from my enthusiasm. 

"Yeah, guess I owe Niall now." He raises his eyebrows. The thought of him being back brings a smile to my face. 

"Yeah you do."

"Don't push it." We both make our way to the office so Harry can turn in his letter. I wait outside the office observing him hand the letter to the secretary from the glass window. When he reaches to hand her the letter his sleeve slips up a bit revealing busted knuckles. What did he do this time. I sigh and walk over to my locker, I really don't want to ask him what he did, at least not now. I look back and he's already walking out of the school at the same time the bell rings. 

Once I finish getting my things out of my locker that I'm going to need for the rest of the day, I head over to my class. 

"Wait for me!" That Irish accent can be recognized from a distance. I stop and stand there in the middle of the hall waiting for Niall to catch up to me.

"Hey!" I say once he's walking next to me.

"So did Harry get the news?" He asks.

"Sure did. He already even wrote his letter of apology and everything." We both laugh knowing this isn't normal for Harry to be kissing ass.

We both continue to walk to class when Zayn soon catches everyone's attention in the hallways. His lip's busted, has dark circles under his eyes, is covered in bruises and is even limping a bit. Everyone makes way for him to walk past them, he has the middle of the hall all to him. Whispers start to fill the hallway followed by Zayn yelling out "Fuck off" to everyone. His eyes are focused to the front of him but move to me when he sees me. He gives me a death glare and hits his shoulder with mine when he walks past me. 

"What the fuck is his problem?" Niall says leaning towards my ear. 

"I don't..." My eyes widen and my stomach drops. I come into realization when I remember Harry's busted knuckles, Zayn being beat up. "I need to take care of something" Harry's voice plays back in my head. That's what he was holding back! 

"...Harry." I say. Niall hears me and starts to laugh, shaking his head. What the fuck is wrong with him?

"The two stepbrothers will never get along again will they?" He continues to laugh. 

What the fuck?

{Please vote and comment<3 15K reads thank you!! Also, thank you for all the feed back on twitter too :) I did make a twitter just for the fanfic where I'll post pictures and edits of the characters of the story and how I imagine Harry's room, their houses, etc. The Twitter is @Locker17Fanfic , I still haven't tweeted anything on there yet but I will later on today. Oh and yes I do creep on twitter by searching up "locker 17" so that's why I see most of your guys' tweets about it haha.}