truth or dare (carl g.)

plot- carl and the reader play a game of truth or dare with enid and ron

word count- 1134

warnings- enid and ron being lil bitches

There weren't many normal things about the new world. Instead of humans populating the earth, there's walkers. Killing people isn't considered barbaric, it's survival. Worrying about living to see the next day is expected.

But the one normal thing that still exists is teenagers. Carl, Ron, Enid and I are the only teenagers here in Alexandria and all of them besides Carl have a mean streak.

Ron's more ignorant and narrow minded while Enid is stand-offish and apathetic. I don't like either of them but we have to tolerate each other if we live together.

Tonight Carl and I are going over to Ron'a house and hang out up in the attic. They have a bunch of games and music up there so it could be somewhat fun.

It's nighttime so most people are in their houses but Carl and I don't really care. We like staying up late at night, mainly on account of we both suffer from nightmares about the things we've seen and done.

We walk hand in hand down to the Anderson's house and climbed the ladder that rested outside Ron's because we know we shouldn't go through the front door since his dad is crazy.

"You go first." Carl mutters while holding my waist as I climb up the ladder and out of his grasp.

I climb through the window with a breathy sigh and examine the boys room. It has one poster and some books and a bed. It's pretty empty but I guess that's to be expected in the middle of the apocalypse.

Carl soon climbs through the window after me and we quietly and cautiously tiptoe out of his room and climb the next ladder to the attic where we find Enid reading a book and Ron adjusting the knobs of a stereo.

"Hey guys." Ron says.

When Carl realizes I'm not going to say hi back, he does. I just don't like Ron, or any of his family for that matter. They're so sheltered and oblivious to what is going on right outside the walls.

"What do you wanna do?" Enid says while shutting her book and brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

"Let's play truth or dare." Ron smirks.

I tense up and roll my eyes but if I've dealt with walkers, cannibals, rapists and tyrants like the Governor, I think I can handle a game of truth or dare.

"Sure." I mumble annoyed while sitting down against the wall with Carl next to me.

"Okay," Ron starts. "Enid, truth or dare?"

Enid sighs and thinks for awhile. "Truth."

"When was your first kiss?"

"When I was 11." she smirks. Ron laughs and Carl slings his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him.

"Y/N," Enid begins while shifting her gaze to me. I nod and prepare myself for whatever stupid thing is about to come out of her mouth. "Truth or dare?"

Feeling quite comfortable nestled into Carl's side I choose the easier of the two.

"Truth."

A devilish smirk creeps onto her face and I cringe while thinking of all the things she could ask me.

"How many people have you killed?"

The pure curiosity in her voice is enough to make me scream. I feel Carl grip my shoulder tightly because he probably knows I am about to do something.

Suddenly I begin having flashbacks to the moment when I killed all the people I have killed.

Mom
The man on the train tracks
My sister
The woman who killed my friend
The man who tried to rape me

5 people I killed. Some I killed with good reason, some I had to kill but all of them still haunt me, no matter how evil they were.

"This is fucking bullshit." I mumble while standing up and walking to the ladder.

"Just answer the question Y/N." Ron laughs.

I turn around slowly, squinting my eyes at him in disbelief. He doesn't see this world for what it is. He doesn't understand because he is ignorant. He hasn't been exposed to the cruelties of this new world and that's going to get him killed.

"Do you guys just see this as a joke? Are you really that stupid? Ron, you haven't had to see what it's like out there and when you do I hope something really bad happens to you. Enid, you can go fuck yourself! Neither of you know what it's like out there!" I yell, probably waking up Pete, Jessie and Sam.

"And I'm not going to entertain you by answering your dumbass question but it's more than I'd like to admit."

I climb down the ladder and practically sprint out of the house and I don't even realize that I'm crying until I run a hand down my face in exhaustion. I lean against the side of the house and slide down to my butt.

My hands are trembling and I squeeze my eyes shut as tight as I can.

I hate Ron and I hate Enid and I hate everyone at Alexandria.

Soon enough Carl finds me and takes a seat next to me, allowing me to curl into his side once again and sob. I grip onto his arms because right now I need someone to save me. I don't what from, but I just need someone to save me.

"Sh, you're gonna make yourself sick baby girl." he whispers into my ear.

Miraculously, I stop crying but that doesn't stop a stray tear from rolling down my face every now and then. I look to Carl, my face red and blotchy and he gives me a sad smile.

"I did something." he says. I furrow my eyebrows at him in confusion. "I punched Ron."

I gasp and for the first time in awhile, a smile makes its way onto my face. I can't believe that Carl punched him, well actually, yes I can. Ron was bound to get hit in the face sooner or later and I'm glad it was by Carl.

Carl has a smirk on his face and he pulls me even closer to him. I can feel his body moving with every breath he takes and I find myself forgetting all the stupid shit Ron said and how ignorant they all are.

All that matters in this moment are the not the lives I've taken but the boy next to me. He matters and how he takes care of me and loves me matters.

I love him.

don't really like this one but once again plz plz plz comment some suggestions about what you want for future imagines!!!!