carl imagine

@MrsSpock plot- "Hi can I have an walking dead imagine. Can it be that I'm new to the group and Enid doesn't like me very much because Carl starts spending more time with me. So she has a go at me and I start to ignore Carl and one day he comes up to me and tells me to tell him what's wrong so I tell him and he kisses me and says don't let her tell you what to do and we make out. You can add stuff and take stuff if you want to"

word count- 2295

warnings- none

I wander up to the large and slightly intimidating walls of this community. There's a sign on the side that reads Alexandria. I contemplate whether or not to take a chance with this place or continue roaming. The new world hasn't proven to trustworthy.

Something tells me that I can trust this place. Something tells me that just beyond these walls are people who were in my exact position and had the same mindset as me.

"Hello?" I yell. No answer. "Hello?" I yell again, trying to project my voice as much as I possibly can.

"Who are you?" I hear a voice shout down. I squint my eyes against the bright sun that is beating down on me and a man with a pretty thick beard is looking down at me.

"My names Leah." I tell the man. He looks to his side and all of a sudden, the walls open, revealing dozens of people. The first that I take notice to is a boy who must he around my age, he has long brown hair and an eyepatch on his eye.

The man who was talking to me walks towards me, and I take one step back, the hesitance falling back over me. He notices my demeanor and puts his hands up, showing me he has no weapons and that he won't hurt me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you alright? My names Rick, and that's my son Carl," he starts while pointing to the boy that I noticed before. He looks at me and I'm not quite sure how to read his expression. I guess you could say it's one of curiosity. Next to him I see a girl with long brown hair and her eyes are practically piercing through me. "Can I ask you three questions?" he asks. I nod my head.

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"Lost count." I state.

"How many people have you killed?" I tense at the question as I remember the lives that I've taken.

"Four." I answer, mouth parting slightly. Rick nods.

"Why?"

"Two were my parents." I begin, remembering my mom and dad. My mow was bit and didn't want to turn. My dad fell sick and didn't want to suffer anymore. "The other two, they uh, they took me, beat me, raped me, so I killed them." I tell him honestly.

Rick nods and looks to the others who send him approving looks. "You wanna stay here? We've got running water, food, houses. We've been where you've been Leah and we wanna help you. We can help you." he explains. I look down at me feet and I realize, I haven't got much to lose.

"Okay." Rick smiles and that day he shows me around, introduces me to everyone and I end up staying in a house with the girl with the long brown hair who's name is Enid and a woman named Carol.

Carol shows me a to my room and leaves me to get set up and take a shower. I unpack my bag, revealing my very little amount of things. I have a picture of my mom, I miss her so much. I wish she was still here, or I wish that when she went, I went with her. I have an extra shirt and one half full water bottle and some knives and a gun. That's it.