-outbreak-

hey! sorry i haven't been on in awhile i've been super busy and hella stressed.

plot- the outbreak has just happened and the reader is adjusting to what's going on

word count- 1465

warnings- none

Rick- I sprint away from my neighborhood, leaving everything behind. My family's dead bodies, my house, the memories, everything. Tears stream down my face as I look back at the dead bodies that are somehow rising from being dead.

I speed up so I can buy myself some time to maybe take a car. Fires burned all around me and I can hear alarms and screaming in the distance. I lived fairly close to the city and I know I can't stay. In a city this big, who knows what could happen.

There's a car that I can spot the keys in so I check once more behind me to make sure the..I don't even know what they are. The...walkers. Walkers seem to fit them. To make sure the walkers aren't behind me.

I jump in and ram the keys into the ignition. "Come on." I mumble to myself. Luckily, the car starts and I drive off. I've lived in Georgia my whole life so I know the neighborhoods and streets like the back of my hand.

I approach the hospital and I hope that maybe it's still standing. It has to be. My mom works in there.

Unfortunately, it's not. There's a bunch of rubble on the ground and it looks like it's been bombed. A shaky sigh escapes my lips as my hands tremble and find their way to my face, shielding my eyes from the horrifying sight in front of me. I choke down sobs and rest my forehead on the steering wheel.

Suddenly, there's a knock at the window. I bolt up and see a man standing there. The first thing I notice is his blue eyes. He has on a sheriffs jacket. I grab the knife that sits in the passenger seat and roll the window down. "What do you want?" I ask, my voice raspy from crying.

"Who are you?" he asks.

"You were the one that came over here." I say.

"I'm Rick. Rick Grimes." he answers.

"Y/N Y/L/N." I say, still cautious of the man. "What do you want?" I ask again.

"I don't know. I just woke up from a coma, my sons gone, don't really know where to go." Suddenly, I feel bad for this man. I know I shouldn't be this quick to trust but something about Rick makes me feel as if he is trustworthy.

"Get in." I state calmly while unlocking the passenger side door. For a couple seconds he just stands there in shock. "Get in before I change my mind." He quickly snaps out of his thoughts and jumps in.

"Why'd you let me in?" he asks while I drive off towards the city.

"Don't know." I shrug my shoulders. "Nothing to lose I guess." We rode into the city and examined the destruction. Complete and utter destruction. The ride was silent, neither of us able to speak. I would try to say something but my words got caught on the hesitation I felt.

"So this is it huh?" Rick finally speaks. I look to him with confusion. "This is the end of the world?"

"Seems like it. We'll make it though. Worlds been turning for years and it's gonna turn for a couple more. We just have to keep going." With that, Rick smiled and we both knew, we were going to make it.

Daryl- The outbreak just started a couple weeks ago. The first couple of days there were government camps but soon enough they were overrun. I was in one, got overrun so now I'm just kind of wandering. I've always been a wanderer.

I weave in between the cars that litter the streets of Atlanta. I hear a crash and duck behind a truck, and climb under it. I see boots that look like they belong to a guy.

They stop right in front of the semi I'm hiding under. My breath hitches as the man leans down. A scream escapes my lips and I scramble under the truck and when I stand up, a hand grabs my hair and pushes me against the brick wall of a building.

I grab my knife from my jeans and swing but it's knocked out of my hand. I hear pants unzipping and that's when I really begin to panic. I squirm under this lands grasp and he's attempting to pull my pants down. Suddenly, there's no more hands on me. I whip around to see a man with a crossbow.

"Thanks." I mumble after a while of silence. He nods and looks around.

"Ya comin?" His accent his thick and southern. I look around at my surroundings. Why not? I step over the dead man and walk behind whoever this is.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Daryl Dixon." Daryl Dixon, fits him.

"I'm Y/N." I tell him while stepping around walkers and cars. He stood walking, turns around and examines me. I furrow my eyes brows and he starts walking again.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"A camp. Got all kinds of people. Men, women, children. It's a good camp. You'll fit in." he says while walking into a opening in the woods. "Welcome home Y/N." he says while pulling a branch back to show me the camp.

Glen- I'm hiding out in the highschool that's right near my house. So many memories here. I've been out of highschool for about 4 years but the memories are still fresh.

I run to one of the classrooms and sit on a bean bag in the corner of the room. This was my old English class. I still remember my classmates and my teacher. The room looks almost the same. I begin drifting off but I'm awoken to the sound of the door handle jiggling. I grip my gun and back into the wall.

The door swings open and a Korean guy steps in. He looks harmless really. He looks at me and it's silent for a minute or two.

"Y/N?" he asks. How does he know my name? I don't even know this-

"Wait, Glen? Glen Rhee?" I went to highschool with Glen and we were pretty good friends but I moved away for college and haven't heard from him since graduation. "What are you doing here?" I ask while standing up.

"Didn't have anywhere else to go." he shrugs his shoulders. "What about you? You hated it here."

"I hated it when there was people and I was going through stuff then. But now, I'd do anything to go back to highschool." I admit. Glen smiles and sits down at his old desk.

"What happened?" he asks.

"The world was bound to end sometime." I answer him. "Just thought it wouldn't be in our lifetime." Glen nods in agreement and puts his hand overtop of time.

"How have you been?" he smiles.

Shane- I'm on my way to my parents house from college. There's an outbreak happening and they're in their house with our close family friend, Shane Walsh. He's been apart of my life since I can remember. He's a cop.

"I'm on my way." I text on my phone while speeding down the road. There's a huge traffic jam and ambulances and cop cars and helicopters everywhere. My hands shake against the steering wheel as I pull into my parents driveway.

My mom and dad run outside and envelope me into a hug. Shane followed closely behind. He breaths a sigh of relief when he sees me. His hand finds it way to the back of my head and I hug him tightly. We've never been involved..romantically but there's definitely a connection.

"You're okay." he whispers. I nod. Later that night we are all sitting around the fireplace, discussing our next move. I sit on the couch with a blanket draped over me, half asleep. Shane stands in the corner with his hands on his hips, and my parents are holding each other close.

The talk is stressing me out so I get up and walk into the kitchen and place my hands on the sink. I hear footsteps and see Shane walking towards me. "Hey." I smile tiredly.

"You should get some sleep." he sighs while placing his hand on the small if my back. I can't hold it in anymore and I hug him tightly, gripping into his shirt for my life. I sob into his chest and he rubs my back.

"I'm so scared." I say.

"Don't be. I'll keep you safe."

sorry I haven't updated in forever!