breathe (glenn r.)

plot- reader and glenn have a conversation about past group members and he comforts them

word count- 627

warnings- very slight mention of sexual assault

"Glen," I speak up. "Can we go sit out on the hill?" I was referring to the hill that was right near the opening of Alexandria.

"Yeah. Everything alright?" I nod and Glen takes my hand in his and we walk out and sit on the top of the hill that overlooks everything beyond the walls. Beyond the walls where I once fought for survival, lost people and almost lost myself.

"What's wrong? Hm?" Glen says while nudging my shoulder.

"I was just thinking today that we never got the chance to like..breathe after the prison." you state. "We all lost each other, then found each other. Then went to Terminus then left. Then we're here." Glen nods and runs a hand through his hair.

"And I just-I miss those people. I miss Hershel and I miss Beth and I miss Bob and Tyreese." you admit while biting my lip in attempts to not cry. Something I found myself doing a lot lately.

"I do to. I miss them so much. But I think we honor them by going on." Glen says. I nod in agreement.

"Some nights I just can't stop crying cause I think about the way some of them went. Like Hershel or Tyreese. None of them deserved that and I just- I don't understand." I begin to cry. I don't think Glen realized how utterly broken I was until this moment. This moment where I couldn't hold it in any longer. I am sad and I am angry.

"How come you never woke me up?" he asks.

"I didn't want you to see me like that." I admit.

"Y/N, I love you. And I never want you to be afraid to open up in front of me." he says. "What can I do to help?"

"Can we just..look." I say referring to the trees and occasional walker. Why would I want to watch this? Because it reminds me that things are still going. Barley. But they are. Walkers still roam. People still survive. And time still moves. He nods and after awhile I speak up.

"Back at the CDC, Shane tried to.." I trail off. I glance over and Glen's jaw is open in shock.

"He did?" I nod.

"How come you never told me?"

"We weren't together then. I was new to the group. It didn't matter."

"Yes it did. You matter Y/N." I smile weakly and kiss him.

"You know, when you first joined the group," Glen starts while watching a walker stumble by. "I thought you were so hot, granted I still do, but at the time, I was so nervous to even say one word to you. I remember Dale-" Glen sighs and looks down. "Dale gave me so much advice on everything. But especially you. The night that he died, he told me 'If you want to talk to her and if you truly like her, say it. We only get so many chances now.' And I intend to live by that everyday. That's why whenever you're mad at me, I still say I love you, because who knows if that's the last time I get to say it. But Y/N, by going on and fighting and surviving, we're giving meaning to the deaths of the ones we lost. Okay?"

I nod while a tear slips down my face.

"I love you so much." I whisper while leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I love you more." Glen says.

short one but hopefully you like it. remember to vote and comment!

12/12/15

Much love

-a.b