right (daryl d.)

plot- daryl is brought into the infirmary and true feelings are revealed

word count- 737

warnings- none

You were working in the infirmary with Denise this past week because they're short on staff and you know some medical stuff.

You didn't mind it, there was never anything too serious. The worst you get is a cut or a sprained ankle. "So, is it usually this slow?" you ask Denise while laying on one of the beds they used as a table.

"Sometimes. Mainly because nobody is going on runs this week so there's not much to do." she explains. You nod and pull your journal from your bag. You've been keeping this journal since the Prison, where you found it. You've kept journals all your life really, but they're gone now.

"What's that?" she asks.

"Oh, my journal. I've had it since basically the beginning of everything." you tell her. She smiles and you begin writing.

1st month in Alexandria
Ive been working in the infirmary with Denise because I do know some stuff about medicine and everything. It's nice though, Denise is pretty cool, I just wish I could be out on runs. Being behind the walls this long makes me feel like I'm losing my strength and everything I've learned. The group has been here a month and it's nice, the people are nice but weak. That's it for today.

I then flip back to the first page of my journal. This was when we first got to the prison, possibly the first night we got there.

Hershel's farm was overrun, and now we're at a prison. Rick told us the biggest news possible tonight, we're all infected. We all carry this virus. It doesn't really make any difference to me. We're all sitting outside around the fire, wondering what comes next. I know whatever happens though, we'll be fine. We have each other and we'll be fine.

I put the journal back into my bag and Denise stands up. I look at her and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Can you stay here? I need to go check on Tara and change her bandages and stuff."

"Yeah of course, tell her I said hey." She nods and walks out leaving me by myself. I relax on a chair and eventually I fall asleep.

"Y/N!" someone shouts. I jolt awake and see Rick and Daryl standing in the door way.

"What?" I ask, still shaken from waking up so fast. "What's wrong?"

"Daryl just cut his arm out on his run." Rick says while pushing Daryl inside. I laugh slightly. Daryl and I have some sort of connection, nothing romantic really but there's something and everyone knows. When Merle died, u was the only one he would talk to.

"What the hell did you do?" I ask while standing up and getting gauze and bandaids and alcohol.

"Oh shut up." he grumbles. I grin and he sits down on the table. I grab things out of the cabinet and turn around to see a huge gash on his upper arm. I grimace at it and begin sterilizing it.

"This is gonna sting...." I warn while putting alcohol onto a cotton ball. He mutters something and I press it to the cut.

"Ah shit!" he shouts unexpectedly. I widen your eyes and laugh as I continue cleaning the wound.

"You're lucky, you were close to having to get stitches." I explain.

"Guess I'm lucky." For awhile, Im just cleaning the cut and my hand is rested on his arm and he keeps looking at me and I keep looking away when he catches me. I can't help but to blush as I wipe the excess blood away with a dry cotton ball.

I put a butterfly bandage over the cut and then wrap it in gauze. "Uhm," I start with a hoarse voice. "-just keep this on for the rest of the day." I'm still close to him and when I back up, he kisses my cheek. We stay in that position for awhile longer until his lips move to my lips and not just my cheek.

It feels right, it feels as if this was supposed to happen awhile ago.

"Thanks Y/N- Oh my god! I'm sorry!" Denise says as she walks in. Daryl pulls away and you laugh into his shoulder.

super short but hope you liked it.
rest easy Muhammad Ali.