Chapter 25

Get ready for super gay stuff, I have no idea how to write cause I'm a single pringle.
---------------------------------------------------------
  I woke up to a loud thud upstairs. It was still dark outside. Most likely early morning. My parents wetent awake yet. I rushed upstairs trying to find the source of the sound when I heard whimpers coming from my room. I entered slowly.

  "Emily, are you okay?" I couldn't make out much in the dark.

  "No." I turned on the lights and found Emily on the floor surrounded by blankets. I rushed to her side.

  "What happened?" I picked her up as carefully as I could and laid her back on the bed. She sighed.

  "My bandages itch so I tried to get up and change them myself. Guess I don't have all my strength back." I sighed.

  "You got stabbed, almost knocked unconscious, then operated on by a guy who has no medical degree. You're lucky he knows emergency procedures for work. You're not going to recover quickly." I walked over to my desk where the medical supplies rested.

  "That's what I'm afraid of. We still need to protect people. People at school will start to suspect things." I motioned for her to lift up her shirt just enough so I can reach the bandages.

  "Say you got the flu or something. I can stay home because the principal knows who I am. As long as I tell her I'm doing Fallen Angel stuff she'll back off." I unwrapped her bandages and piled them off to the side to be disposed of later. I was careful not to hurt her.

  "Marcus will come over to find an empty house." I raised an eyebrow at her. He either is really caring or really clingy.

  "Wouldn't your parents be home? Shouldn't we have called them already?" I started spreading bag balm on the wound. My mom swears by the stuff.

  "Mom's gone. Dad's never home. No one to see I'm missing." I paused re-wrapping the abdomen. All the stuff in her backpack made sense now.

  "You were running away." There was no doubt in my mind that's what she was doing.

  "Yeah." I finished wrapping her abdomen.

  "You're always welcome here. Or you can chill at the base." I said it without any thought.

  "Base?" She laid in the bed and I sat on the floor. My back resting on the bed frame. I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.

  "You were asleep earlier so I didn't tell you. FBI is giving us a base of operations. Secret emergency room in case you get stabbed again," I poked her leg teasingly, "and an armory. Some beds in case we have to stay there overnight. Some gadgets if we need to go undercover. Not as cool as the Bat Cave though." I shrugged. I was too tired to give her all the details.

  "That's....actually really cool."

  "Yeah. We're almost like spies." I got up and stretched. My wings expanded fully, almost knocking stuff off my desk. I swear I heard something popped. I could see Emily staring at me.

  "What?" 

  "I don't think I've seen them fully extended before. They're magnificent." I blushed and looked down, hoping she couldn't see it on my face.

  "Well, I'm going back to bed. Goodnight." I turned off the lights and exited, closing the door slowly so I wouldn't wake up my parents.

  "Goodnight, my guardian angel." She said it so softly I almost didn't hear her. I stood there for a moment. I'm falling hard and at this point, not even my wings could save me.

  'What am I going to do?'