Ch. 1// A Blooming Romance

Marinette POV

I stared down at my paper, my heart skipping beats. It was him, Adrien Agreste, one of the most popular models in Paris. He was the boy I liked. Someone I admired, adored even. It's been that way since our first year in class together. That day I sat in front of him as usual. It was Mrs. Mendeleiev's class, one of the only classes I did not enjoy. Lunch had just begun.

One of the first things I heard once class ended was a shrill irritating voice. "Adrikins! Let's go to my daddy's restaurant! It's so much better than having lunch in Marinette's trashy bakery."

His response was almost automatic, "Hey, don't talk badly about it Chloe, that's rude."

I turned around to say something, but my voice wouldn't let me speak. I looked over to see Alya next to Adrien, the next thing I knew his lips were on mine. Stunned silence filled the room as we both hurried to part. My heart began to race, thoughts were swirling in my head as I looked towards the ground trying not to meet his eyes. Then it happened. I looked up to see his reaction. It was full of disgust. Something in me broke, like a wall of glass being pelted with stones. Our eyes met, I was devastated.

"How. Dare you!" I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek. "Marinette how dare you touch Adrien! He's mine! Mine alone!" Chloe's words permeated my heart.

I felt a tear roll down my face as I stood there. I broke the silence with a soft, "I'm sorry." I started to run. I ran as far as I could. I looked up to see the bakery, my parents all happy and smiling inside with the customers. It hurt more than I thought it would have. I walked into the bakery, tears in my eyes. I heard my parents ask what was wrong, but I just couldn't answer. I walked up the stairs to my room. It was painful. I walked over to my desk, sitting down I looked up to them, all the photos of Adrien. All those damned photos. I pulled out the box my diary was in, opening it and flipping to the next empty page of the journal I began to write.

Tikki flew out of my bag and onto the page I was writing on, she held onto the pen. "Marinette? Are you okay?"

Curtly, I sighed and blurted out, "I'm fine."

She pouted and landed on my shoulder. "I just want you to know I'm right here, always."

I smiled and leaned back onto the chair back, "I know. I know Tikki." I looked at the pen in her hands and then towards the open journal. I felt tired.

With a slow movement, I picked up the pen and placed it on my desk. My attention turned to the photographs. Disgust. That's what he felt when he kissed me. Disgust. With each thought, I pulled down the pictures. I began to mutter that cursed word. Disgust. One after another, ripping noises filled the room till there was only one thing left. The stupid friendship bracelet.

A small tap came from the window next to my fainting couch. A familiar blond mess popped his head into view. It was Chat Noir. He looked worried. With a quick jog, I rushed over to let him into the room. He stepped in and looked around the room. Hundreds of ripped photos filled the floor. He kneeled down to pick a photo up, with a quick movement I slapped it out of his hand.

"Don't," I whispered, he seemed to understand why. He quickly picked me up and placed me on the fainting couch. While I was laying down he kneeled down next to me. His gloved hand brushing through my hair. It felt as if he was trying to calm me down. With that, I sighed and closed my eyes. I was angry, but not as much anymore.

Adrien's POV

I sat there on the floor, next to Marinette. The feeling of her silky midnight hair brushed between my fingers. Even though I had gloves on, I could feel the softness of her raven locks. I peeked over and saw a photo of myself on the ground. Something sharp rang through my stomach, guilt. I shouldn't have reacted like that to the accident. It wasn't her fault. It was never her fault. I peered at her small adorable face. Adorable?

I shook my head and rested my head on her arm. Marinette was breathing softly as she tried to calm down. I understood how she felt, she had to kiss someone she thought was a good friend and only that. I didn't understand why Alya did that to Marinette. Maybe she thought it would be funny? But, even Alya wouldn't have done that just for a joke. Nonetheless, Chloe took it too far, hitting Marinette for a simple accident?

Closing my eyes, I heard the soft flapping of bug wings. Wait. Bug wings? I opened my eyes wide, as soon as I did I saw an akuma land on Marinette's hair tie. Her eyes flung open, small tears welled up in the corners of her eyes.

"Marinette?" I shook her a bit as I spoke.

She held her hands up to her ears as the Hawkmoth visor appeared in view. She began to mutter to herself. It slowly became louder and louder. It went to the point she was screaming, but I couldn't understand her. Her hands gripped her hair, trying hard to rip the hair tie off her head.

I pulled her into a hug, I felt her body go slack. "I'm sorry." I heard her whisper into my ear. A warm sensation irritated her body as she began to transform. Her skin became a pale purple. She pushed me away as she began to scream. "Don't get too close!" She ripped out her earring, throwing them into the corner.

A hellish laugh slipped out of her mouth, which was contorted into a forced smile. "Please Chat." She seemed to be crying. I've never seen an akuma like this. She was in pain.

I finally got a good look at her, a deep purple blazer matched with a pencil skirt the same color clashed with the soft green button-up underneath. Her hair tied into a bun, causing an even more difficult time to get it off of her. She pulled out a book from behind her back. Reaching her hand into the book she pulled out a sharp purple and black dotted knife. With a swift movement, she cut her hair off.

Frozen I watched as she fell to the ground crying. "Hurr-" Her words got cut off by her lunging at me with the knife. I jumped up onto her bed. She glared at me, then at the bun, then back at me. She plunged the knife into the book, as a replacement she grabbed the most sensible object. A gun. Looking at it, she pulled the trigger. No bullet came out. With a confused look, she began to put it back into the book. While she was distracted, I threw her long cat body pillow at her. She stumbled a bit, losing her balance, I jumped down and kicked her off her feet. I felt bad, but I needed to save her. I quickly grabbed the hair tie from the pile of loose hair on the ground. I yelled out Cataclysm and dissolved the hair tie. I watched as she laid on the ground. Detransforming.

Her hair was cut short. Her eyes were still closed. But she was still beautiful. With that I carried her onto her bed, there was nothing I could do about the mess in her room, but at least I could make sure she's okay. I stared at her perfect face, something was off with me. Shaking my head, I leaned down to kiss her.

Placing down a soft kiss on her forehead, I muttered, "sleep well Marinette." I left soon after, my heart racing for some odd reason.

Marinette POV

I jolted my eyelids open once Chat left the room. A resounding heat cradled my face. Did Chat just kiss me? I asked myself as I sat up. I felt my ear for my earring, I needed to talk to Tikki about this. I placed my hand on my chest, feeling my heartbeat.

Bump Bump Bump Bump. The speed at which my heartbeat hastened. I didn't want to believe it. Chat kissed me. Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Me out of all people. But why was I so happy? I shouldn't have been so happy.

///

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've updated. I also realize that I've done this before, but I thank you guys for all the new reads and encouragement to come back. I won't bore you with the reasons why I've gone M.I.A. but I'll say for sure, that the writing will get better and I will be updating nearly every Tuesday or so. 

Thank you for reading this. I'm back home, finally.