"We are having an immediate evacuation. We are having an immediate evacuation. No drill! We have called most of your parents already. Evacuate n- " The principle was then cut off when the speaker system shut down and then groaning was heard. Before I could turn around to Nikki, the door was pulled open as the teacher ran out.

'Why would she just leave like that?'

"Hey, Nikki... I think we should go now." I said. She ran over to me and we left the class and ran into havoc.

The hallway had people eating people like c-. "Are they eating people? Are they cannibals?!" Nikki asked frantically.

"I don't think it counts as cannibals if one of them isn't human." I said kind of drifting off.

"What do you mean ones not human?" She asked frightened.

"I don't know! They look dead, the people attacking. " I said as I began to realize that we should leave this crowd of the things and go.

"Let's fucking go now Nikki, okay?" I said and grabbed her hand and ran out down the hallway. At one point, I lost contact with Nikki, thinking she was right behind me. As I ran through the last hallway and out the door, I realized that Nikki wasn't behind me anymore.

'Oh shit where is she?'

I looked around for Nikki but she was nowhere in sight. I saw some kids getting rushed by their parents while others just stood there stuck with fear or began to rush home.

"You're alive! I'm so glad! You weren't touched by those things, right?! Oh god, what if you were! I- " Jason said like a mother worrying about her baby.

"No, I wasn't bitten or scratched at all." I said to him.

"Oh, okay good because if you were- " He started but then Thalia said, "Calm the hell down, (y/n)'s okay. Let's get back to our house before more of them get to us. "

We all agreed not really wanting to argue with her. It is best not to argue with Thalia when she is under pressure or rushing. We walked about 5 miles until we got to our house. All throughout the walk, I just thought about how some peoples parents came to pick up their children and some left their kids waiting at the school. My mom doesn't have a car but at least my mom cares.

"Well at least we didn't run into the... uh erm." Jason said not knowing what to call them.

"Dead ones." I said out loud.

"What?" Thalia asked.

"I meant for now until we find a better name for them, we can call them Dead Ones. The creatures looked dead but not." I explained.

No one seemed to argue about it, so I guess we have a name. Everyone was quiet when we entered the house. No dared to speak in case if mom or Milia was inside with one of the creatures. No one gave a shit about Keene though. He's better off gone, he didn't do anything to help this family.

"How bout' I check mom's room, (y/n) you check Milia's room and Jason, you check the rest. " Thalia whispered to us. We all nodded and went the separate ways. I went up the stairs to Milia's room right across from mine. I slowly opened the door to see Milia not in her small bed. I felt anxiety crawl through my body as I walked over to her closet and slid it open. Thankfully, I saw Milia sitting down hugging her teddy bear, Mr. Beary.

"(Y/n)!" She said a little too loud and jumped up and hugged me.

"Hey, Milia shhh. We have to be quiet now. Do you know where mom is?" I asked her softly.

"No." She said sadly, "But I think she's in her room or downstairs." She added.

"Okay, we will go look. Also, Jason and Thalia are here too. We are gonna find mom, okay?" I said with a smile, as little Milia beamed with excitement to see her family.

"Yay!" She said a bit excited. "Oh, sorry I said it too loud again?" She questioned.

"Yeah, but its fine. Let's go see them." I said back and walked out the door. I went across to mom's room but she wasn't there. Then someone entered the room as I was just about to exit. They were about to hit me when they realized who it was.

"Jason! I missed you!" Milia said quieter than last time. I gave Milia to Jason and we all met up in the living room. It turns out mom isn't in the house. Oh. Then, Thalia went over the plan for us.

"Okay, well we found Milia, thank god, but mom isn't here. We will look more soon. But we need a plan in case stuff goes down. So, Jason, you will gather all of the clothes that we need and that will fit us and also I need you to keep track of the food and make sure were not too low. (Y/n), you will keep track of other survival supplies like batteries, tents, etc. I will try to find weapons and try to keep track of everyone okay?

Everyone get what they have to do? And you little Milia, you will stay by one of us no matter what. Your job is to not lose Mr. Beary okay?" Thalia said/ asked. We all nodded and agreed seeing as this was the best way to keep control of things. We all did our jobs.

'The only reason Thalia was saying all this stuff because she said it was just like this old video game she'd play. And because she was good at that, she apparently knows what to do in these situations. It better than my ideas though; Which includes nothing.'

Jason found all of the clothes that fit us and scavenged next doors to find some more. Jason counted all of the food we had, put it together and found some more in a pantry we had as well. I also found some old flashlights that we'd use in blackouts. Milia kept her bear and stayed by all of us. We did this for about two days, maybe. I don't know really. Time doesn't seem to matter anymore, to me at least.

We decided to have some type of a meeting after Milia went to sleep.

"Thalia, why are we gathering all of this? I mean are we leaving here?" Jason asked.

But before Thalia could answer, I did.

"Well, did you think we could stay in this house forever? It is bound to be overrun at one point." I commented.

"She is right, this place could be overrun by dead ones at any point..." Thalia said a little disappointingly.

That was months ago, and it did get overrun but not by dead. But instead by a group of horrible people.

-I hope you like it!

Word Count: 1955