Loving From Afar 23

“You girls look dashing,” Fred smiled as Amy and I stepped out of the common room.

“You boys don’t look so bad yourself,” I replied walking over to stand by George. Amy awkwardly stood at Fred’s side.

“You look like a girl,” George joked looking Amy up and down.

“Thanks,” She muttered a faint smile dancing on her lips. “So what exactly are we doing?”

“We are going for a walk,” Fred answered pulling her along with George and I following.

“I miss true winter,” I said slowly, “I mean its winter but yet there isn’t a single bit of snow on the ground.”

“I have a surprise for you then,” George whispered pulling us down an empty corridor.

“Where are we going,” I asked trying to figure out where we were.

“A place,” He replied.

“George tell me,” I whined but yet excited by the excitement it brought me.

“I said it’s a surprise didn’t I?”

“What if I don’t like surprises,” I challenged.

“Then it sucks to be you,” He smiled letting me know he was only teasing.

“Boo you whore,” I muttered.

“Tessa I’m hurt!”

“Love you too,” I smiled innocently.

“We’re here,” He said looking forward as a door started to appear. As soon as it stopped appearing George covered my eyes with his hands and led me forward.

I could hear the door open and close but yet I still couldn’t figure out what we were doing.

“Ready,” He whispered into my ear as his hands slowly uncovered my eyes. I looked around seeing a beach in front of us.

“It’s beautiful,” I breathed. “Swimming,” I cried quickly pulling out my wand to switch into a striped bikini.

“Umm,” George stuttered staring at me.

“George snap out of it! I wanna go swimming!”

He just laughed and quickly switched to shorts and followed me to the edge of the water. I stared at the water that seemed to be waiting for us to swim in but something was holding me back.

“What the hell George,” I laughed trying to struggle out of his grasp on me. “Why can’t I just go swimming?”

“You gotta say the magic word!”

“There isn’t a magic word to go swimming,” I laughed continuing to struggle.

“Sure there is,” He laughed along.

“Please?”

“There we go,” George smiled carrying me into the water.

I laughed for real since I don’t even remember when. Whenever I was with George I couldn’t stay sad or angry. He seemed to bring the happiness in me out without even trying: he was just an always happy person.

“Thank you,” I said suddenly stopping and looking seriously at George. “For everything, I don’t know how I would have managed to get through it all without you. You are like the older brother I never got to have.”

George had a smile on his face that faltered a bit when I told him he was like a brother to me. “Tessa I-” he said slowly. “Actually never mind, it doesn’t matter.”