Chapter XVI

Right by the window in the dim lighted room, Dylan stood in front of his best friend, looking up at him with an upset expression. Coal glared back at him, finding no way out of the situation. After moments of angrily staring at each other, Coal sighed, revealing his frustration. "I don't have time to talk, Dylan. Move out of the way."

"No."

The brunette growled when the shorter male moved in front of him again. "Dylan." He repeated the name, but this time in a more harsh tone. "I'm serious."

"I'm serious too!" Dylan finally cried out, "Glare at me all you want! It won't scare me!"

"God, seriously. . ." Then with out warning, Coal suddenly grabs the blond by his arm, and roughly pulls him. The younger former prince, was too shocked. Too shocked that he didn't know what to think anymore.

When Dylan pushed Coal back, he shivered under the gaze of the earth sign. He had never seen such an expression before. It was strangely cold and serious, but Dylan could see a bit of hidden pain. Pain that he had probably cuased. Trembling in his spot, the blond felt tears weld up in his eyes.

"Are you scared of me now?"

"W- Why. . ."

Coal stepped forward, but Dylan backed up. Seeing this, his eyes narrowed and he lowered his head, "That's what I thought."

That's when the tears fell. It fell the moment Coal walked out the door.

Dylan gasps as he opened his eyes. "A. . . A dream." He mumbled. He led his hand to his cheeks, and found them wet from his tears. In fact, his eyes were still tearing up. Breathing slowly, he turned his head to the brunette beside him. They were still holding hands, but Dylan felt a bit angry when he saw that Coal had one arm over Cassidy's shoulder, while the girl still rested her head on his. Shrugging the feeling away, he moves his hand away from Coal's and shook his head. 'What am I being angry about? I wanted them together in the first place. . .' Standing up, he walked away from the duo. Little did Dylan know, he failed to notice the unpleasant expression both Cassidy and Caol made in thier sleep.

He made sure his steps weren't too loud to wake the others. When he looked over to the side, he saw that Zoe was sitting next to Logan, still sleeping. Then a few feet in front of him, were Yvonne and Leona snuggled up together, sleeping very peacefully. He was then startled when Celesta came into view.

"The two said they'd be on watch but they fell asleep in the end," She said, "I ended up taking their place. Anyways, you're up pretty early too, aren't you?" She was practically smiling the whole time, but when she noticed Dylan's teary eyes, her smile faltered. "What happened?!" She ran up to him, rubbing his cheeks with her thumb.

"I- it's nothing." The boy sniffed, "It's just a nightmare."

"Nightmare?"

"Celesta," he then moves her hand away from his face, and looked down at her seriously. The girl has never seen such an expression before, so this made her worried. "Can I. . . Make a confession?"

The girl's eyes averted from his gaze, and looked over to where her friend was at. She was silent for a while when she saw that Cassidy was awake, but she didn't move from her spot. She was completely still, looking over at Dylan and Celesta with a frown on her face. Celesta shivered a bit, then looked back to Dylan, "Go ahead."