Chapter XIII

"Are we going the right direction?"

Zoe looked around as they were walking in the forest. It felt forever since they had left Centaur, and her legs were growing a bit sore. She didn't know how long she can hold the food bag.

"We're going to the right area," said Yvonne, "At least. . . I think we are."

"What do you mean, I think?" Narrowing her green eyes, she sent her older friend a burning glare behind her back.

The archer shivered a bit, then sighed, looking back at the map she held while continuing her walk. "Well, I'm not exactly sure, to be honest! You're soon to be husband here is the one who's telling me the directions!"

"What kind of directions are you giving her, Logan?!"

"Good directions," Logan simply replied, "I'm giving her good directions."

"To where?" Celesta barged in. She, like Zoe, was slightly tired of all the walking. Well, she never really minded now that Cassidy was standing by her side again, but her legs were kind of giving out. "Because it looks like you're just trying to get us lost."

"I'm not trying to get us lost!" Logan defended, "I'm just trying to find the beach!"

Leona then looked up from the bag she was holding, "Wait, there's a beach here in Iref?"

"You guys never knew?" Dylan raised an eyebrow, "You guys live here. You should've known there was a beach in your region- I mean, where do you think the refugees from Ewart and and Threa come from?"

"Um. . ."

"I mostly stay indoors and I really don't get updated on the news in my kingdom." Zoe responded. "My father thinks that war is a tough topic for a princess like me."

Logan stopped in his tracks, turning back to the female, "How is that a tough topic for you, when you can clearly fight like a man?" He said, "I'm jealous that you have such amazing strength. Does your father not notice that?"

"No." Her tone was blunt. She didn't want to talk much about her own father, so she went back to talking about Logan's directions, "Anyways, why are we going to the beach in the first place?"

"Ships dock there," Coal spoke up, holding the book in his hand, "According to the legend, after finding the rest of the signs, they went to on one of the refugee ships to set sail for Threa."

"So. . ." Celesta paused, "We're going on a ship? That doesn't sound pleasant, actually. . ."

"It doesn't," Dylan agreed, shaking his own head, "But it's really the only choice. Altair and Vega aren't here to teleport us there anyways."

The group fell silent, walking through the forest. Logan was only mumbling words to Yvonne until something loud interrupted them.

Groooowwwll

Everyone stopped in their tracks, then looked back to a certain blue haired girl. When all eyes were on her, she flinched and smiled nervously, "Uh. . . Why don't we take a lunch break?"

~ * ~

Everyone was now sitting on the forest floor, munching away on the fruits and vegetables they were provided. Zoe was sitting beside Leona, making fun of her as Leona quietly sobbed for eating an apple. Yvonne was next to Celesta, saying a few things to her. No one knew that they could've been talking about, but both girls seem to get along for they were both laughing.

Coal on the other hand, quietly sat down, eating a carrot while he looked over to Cassidy and Dylan, looking through the book. He noticed that the two have talked to each other often ever since they met, but never really cared about what they have been talking about. Now that he's looking at them. . . He wonders what they could be talking about.