Chapter VI

The knife goes past Yvonne, but even if it missed, it still successfully cuts her shoulder. She hissed in pain, dropping to her knees as the blood seeped through her clothing.

"Vonne!" Leona was stunned, before she shot a threatening glare to the man that had threw the knife. She picked up the sword she dropped, swinging just as the snakes lunged for her. They hissed, slowly lowering their heads as she held the sword out.

"Damn bastard," cursed Zoe as she backed up, "Just who do you think you are?!" (Again, if you sing, I'll slap you). Since she had no weapon, she was the most vulnerable.

The man laughs, "One of your worst enemies of course!" Then he snapped his fingers, "Take the girls."

Yvonne stood up, despite her injury as she drew her arrow once again. "Zoe! Run!" Then she shot one of the snakes that lunged.

Seeing that all the snakes and both two men moved towards her, the princess turned and sprints. One of the men, nearly catch up to her but were unfortunately shot by an arrow. Zoe glanced back to see Yvonne with her bow, and Leona with her sword, splitting the scaly bodies of the thin reptiles.

She could've stayed to help them with just strength alone, but the look Yvonne gave her told her that they'll be just fine. Looking ahead, she feared that some of the snakes were still hot on her trail for she could still hear the loud hisses. She swats the tree branches in her way, jumped over some of the overgrown roots and wedged rocks, and still gets alarmed by the crippling leaves beneath her feet.

With her legs moving more quickly than usual, gravity chooses to betray her, making her upper body lean forward. She feels her body go down, and roll along the rocky ground. The time she stops rolling, she groans in pain, clutching her side for she felt it burn.

"Are you okay?"

Rolling to her side and looking up to the blinding rays, she shields her eyes from the light so she could see the person above her. Finally her vision clears slightly, only to identify greenish blonde locks, hovering over the prettiest sets of light green eyes she has ever seen. She sees the person reach out to her, pulling her up a little forcefully.

Seeing her wince, he apologized, "I'm sorry."

"Oh!" Zoe suddenly pushes the boy away, now getting a better view of him. Seeing that he was accompanied by two other people, she narrows her eyes suspiciously, "Who are you?"

Dylan flinched slightly at her angered tone, sneaking his way behind Celesta. "She scares me already. . ." He mumbled.

"I'm Celesta," the female of the trio began, "The boy here is Dylan, and he's-"

"Logan." Logan finished for her, "We're just a couple of travelers who lost our friends. . . Now we're in search for them." He added a cheerful chuckle, not bothering to notice her eyeing him even more.

"Logan? As in, Logan Justine? The prince of Ellibra?"

The boy's smile faltered, knitting his eye brows together, "How did you know?" He stepped back, "Who are you?"

Zoe's eyes widen as she pointed at him. "I'm Zoe Flare, your fiancé, you prick!" she yelled, "I heard you were missing from your kingdom, but I never expected you to be here! What in the name of Zosodia are doing here?!" It was her turn to step back, "Unless you're here to talk to my father?"

The moment she spoke the words Zoe Flare and fiancé, Logan feels himself catch his breath.

Celesta and Dylan seemed to be amused by such an expression, however, no body could tell past their straight face.