Chapter IV

All stared in awe at the young looking female, as she smiled warmly at them. "Now there is no use to fight over that book, for the both of you will need it on your journey." she said.

Hearing this, Logan grinned from ear to ear then turned to Coal. "Ha!" he teased, "I told you that I needed it!"

Coal would've glared but instead he shook his head. "Wait, you said that the both of us need this book," he gestured to himself and Logan, "I'm sorry ma'am, but you must be mistaken! I'm not with this boy." Stepping away from the Ellibrian, Coal makes his way to Dylan, and grabs his arm. "Let's go, Dylan. Maybe we could find another book somewhere else."

"Awe," the boy pouts, "I would like to know about the Twelve Fallen Stars too you know!"

"Well, too bad." He glanced back to Vega and the others, "Sorry, but now we'll take our leave. We have no part in this journey that you speak of." When he turned to walk away, one of the bookshelves slide from its spot, blocking the boy's path completely. Gasping, Coal stumbled back and stared with shock.

"First the shushing books and now moving shelves? This library is messing with my head. . .!" commented Dylan, who was now digging his nails on Coal's arm, not that either of them noticed.

"I'm afraid you won't be leaving, Coal," spoke Vega, seeming amused by the reactions she had received, "For you are taking part of this journey." Her giggle was soft, yet at the same time, it also sounded frightening.

Logan was now terrified than amazed, as he backed his way up to Celesta and Cassidy, who held each other's hands tightly. "I think I want to go back to the orphanage now." Cassidy gulps.

"If you're amazed by the shushing books and moving shelves, there's more where that came from." Her voice echoes through the room, making it sound as if they were in a cave, "For five hundred years I used this library as a cover for our base, but now that you're back, I might as well entertain you again."

With a snap of her finger, the floor beneath them began to rumble, and the bookshelves shook, making the books fall like rain. Cassidy was down on her knees, still holding Celesta's hand for dear life. Logan tried to shield himself from the falling books, while Coal and Dylan were doing the same.

Cassidy looked up, and she noticed that Vega was now no where to be seen. When she switched her glance, her heart comes to a stop as she sees the shelves topple over until one was now hovering over Coal and Dylan.

Celesta seemed to have noticed too, since she called out, "Dylan!"

Slipping from Celesta's grasp, Cassidy makes a daring move. Just as the shelf falls over, right on time, she manages to run and shove both boys out of the way. However, she looked up, only to see piles of books and a shelf go down on her. Before her vision goes black, she can remember Celesta's horrified scream.

"Cassidy!"

~ * ~

". . .Sidy. . .Cassidy. . . Cassidy, get up!"

Slowly opening her eyes, her vision was blurred but then cleared once more when she sees a figure put something on her. Apparently, it was Coal putting his glasses on her again.

"Ah. . ." She blinked several more times, until she finally came to her senses, "Ah!" She jumped up, "What happened?!"

"Thank the gods!" Celesta cried out, tightly wrapping her arms around her friend, "You seriously gave me a scare there, Cass! I thought you'd be terribly injured!"