Chapter VIII

"War bell?!" Logan growled, "What the hell is that?!"

"It's a bell that warns Iref of an invasion!" Zoe snapped back, "That means at least one of the Iref kingdoms are being attacked!"

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Slam!

"Where are the knights?!" A loud booming voice reverberated through the halls, causing shivers to up the air sign's back. "Bring them forth and prepare the horses! The Noleon kingdom is under attack!"

The trio began to run, ignoring the panicked state of the servants, as well as the loud voice of the king. Luckily, they make it to the entrance of the castle without encountering the king himself. They walk right out the doors, and to no surprise, there were knights and horses all around. They didn't know how they got here fast, but it didn't matter to them at the moment.

"They're most likely going to block both paths of Centaur and Noleon." Hissed the red haired princess.

Logan huffed, narrowing his eyes at every single knight. "Then what are we going to do?!" he began to feel impatient, "We can't have Dylan die on us!"

The young fish sign heaved a sigh, gripping tightly on Logan's stash. Tears rolled down his cheeks, and he began to cough out strange purple liquid. He was absolutely weak to move, and all he could do was hold on to something.

Without warning, Celesta moved towards Logan, scooping Dylan up into her own arms. To her surprise, the boy was surprisingly light and easy for her to carry. "We go to Centaur before they could block the path!" she said, rushing over to unoccupied horse. She puts Dylan on the horse back with slight struggle, before she climbed on herself.

The prince flinched at her actions, "Celesta! I don't think we should-"

"I'm not going to wait for help." She shot a glare at her friend. Dylan's body was limp, that he leaned against the back of Celesta, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist for support. His breath sent chills down her back, but she shrugged it off.

Snap!

The horse shot up, letting out its cry. It goes back down on its hooves, then makes a straight dash through the kingdom. Its original rider, flinched when he saw his horse running. Putting down the weapon he was preparing, he chased after his horse screaming, "Get back here!"

Zoe and Logan exchanged glances, before looking over to another unoccupied horse. "So are you going to follow your friends or not?"

"Does it look like I have a choice?"

Zoe smirks, watching as Logan quickly made a move up to the horse. She followed after him. Logan climbed on to the horse first, before extending his hand out to her. She grabs his hand, and he helps her climb on.

"You may want to hold on tight," he mumbles, "It's the first time I rode a horse."

"Wha-"

Snap!

Just like Celesta's horse, they were now charging through the kingdom and into the forest. Logan's heart was beating fast, for he could hear the yells and screams come from behind him. Those screams faded, and now he was being slapped by a few branches from the forest trees.

Zoe's fear was overpowered by amusement and she laughed at him. "I guess I'm lucky to be in the back!"

Logan wanted to argue back, yet he couldn't say anything if these branches were to continue slapping him. He lowered his head, now avoiding the branches above. "Where to Centaur?!" He asked. He tried to seek out Celesta's horse, but to his worry, she was far ahead of them.