Chapter II

Logan stared at Caldwell, slightly puffing his cheeks like a chipmunk. He glared at her doing paper work for while, until she finally looked up with her glasses sliding down her nose.

Pushing it back up, she says, "You may be a Prince, and I have given you permission to see the girls many times, but taking them out for a journey. . . That depends. Did your father grant you permission?"

The boy froze in his spot, wondering weather to lie or not.

"If you say yes, I'll have to speak to your father to see for myself."

"No. He did not grant my permission." Logan whispered.

"Ah," the ends of Caldwell's lips, curved into a smirk, "Just what I thought."

"But miss! Can't you just let the girls out of the orphanage for once?! They have been stuck here for nearly their entire life!" Logan begged, "They need to see the outside world!"

The old woman went back to her own paper work, "Well, your highness, it wasn't my fault that their mothers put them here. They are only allowed to leave until their adopted, or turn eighteen."

"Cassidy is seventeen."

"Seventeen, not eighteen." She sighed and looked up again, "Are you going see the girls today as well, or is this all you just wanted to talk about?"

Feeling hopeless, Logan took a step back and sighed, "That is all, ma'am. I will visit the girls another time."

"Very well. Good day, your highness."

"Good day." He turned on his heels and walked outside of the old grey building. Looking over to the side where he sees his carriage, he frowns, "What should I do now?"

"Well, there is always a point of time in your life where you have to break the rules."

The Prince flinched, then looked the opposite direction. There he sees a hooded figure, sitting on a rock as they peeled an apple with a small pocket knife. "What was that?" Asked Logan, stepping back.

The figure looked up, light finally shedding down on the face of a man. The man had dark blue hair, that it would be mistaken for black, along with midnight blue eyes that seemed to have sparkled. He smiled, "Do you really want to know the secret of the fallen stars? Because if you do, I can be some help to you."

~ * ~

"Boring!"

Coal flinched at his friend's sudden outburst and looked to his side to see a pair of icy blue eyes staring intensely at him. He shuddered under the gaze before burying his nose back into the book he had been reading. "Then find something to do," he spoke, pushing the boy's head away from him, "Other than stare at me."

"But I can't do anything!" whined Dylan, "I would like to explore Suqaria for a bit but no! Apparently my best friend doesn't want to go out and explore with me!"

"You can go and explore by yourself, if you want to stumble upon danger." barked Coal, not taking his eyes off the book. "Who knows, there may be thieves out there. If they found out we were princes from another region, they'll probably target and kidnap us for our money."

The blonde rolls his eyes, "Coal, I doubt that Ira is like our regions. It's not like they're raging war with Iref. Besides, I look out the window almost everyday wondering," he paused, making a dramatic pose as he clenched his fist, shaking it in the air, "Why? Why can't I be free from the boredom Coal has trapped me in?"

Now the brunette was slightly irritated, closing his book to send a glare in Dylan's direction. "It's dangerous." he said. Getting up from his seat, Coal made his way to his bed and lied down, grumpily facing the wall.