XVI: They stand side by side.

Start from the beginning

I nodded silently, my head dipped my head down, avoiding their gazes. Sniffling quietly, "I'm scared. What if she does something to Camila before I could stop her?" I whimpered, earning concerned looks from my friends. Normani sat there not knowing how to react or what to say while Ally looked down at her hands quietly.

Dinah sent me a small smile and spoke, "We're here to help you, Laur. I promise you that if Ariana lays a hand on my best friends, I will make her regret it." She clenched her hands tightly and smirked but I could see anger and sadness in her eyes. I reached and gave her hand a squeeze. After a few seconds of silence, Normani spoke, "I'm not going to do nothing especially after finding out about this." Normani stated, Ally nodded along as well.

I grinned gratefully, "Thank you so much guys. But please don't tell Camila I don't want her to worry about me."

Ally smiled and raised a thumbs up, "You can count on us Lo."

_

"The name is Shawn Mendes. I'm a friend of Austin." The tall looking guy smiled kindly and I hesitantly shook his hands. I internally cringed at the feeling of sticky sweat when I shook his hand. I smiled politely at the guy as I discreetly wiped my hands on my jeans. His hand was so sweaty. Shawn didn't seem to have noticed when he continued to speak, "Austin already told me the plan beforehand so you don't have to."

I mumbled a quiet 'okay' before looking back at the girls who were seated at the backseat of the car. I rest my hand on the seat as I talk to the girls, "Are you guys sure you want to go with us? I wouldn't want you guys to freak out when you see me bloody." I joked and laughed, earning a glare from Ally causing me to shut my mouth immediately.

"For that last time, yes we're going with you!" Normani groaned in frustration. Dinah and I laughed, finding amusement in her annoyance. "If I see you all bloody, Mama Bear is going to have a fit." Ally joked. I rolled my eyes, chuckling quietly before turning back to the front.

"Do you know where Ariana usually is at this time of the day?" I asked Shawn who tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. "She's supposed to be at some bar right now. I don't know why but she's been going to bars a lot more often lately. I only heard it from one of her model friends though. They told me that Ariana is always drunk. I tried flirting with her friend and she spilled some information. Apparently Ariana only goes to this one particular place." I bit my nails as I listen carefully.

"Perfect. Now I just have to find a way to make her spill." I whispered to myself. I stayed silent for a few seconds before lifting my head up, "Okay, now drive us to the place." I ordered Shawn. He only nodded and quickly started the engine to drive us to the supposed place. The car ride was fairly silent except for the occasional bickering of the girls at the back.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you so set on making Ariana pay?" Shawn asked hesitantly, coughing awkwardly afterwards. "She killed my mother." I said bluntly with a blank look. Shawn's eyes widened in shock, "Oh..." He whispered quietly. "Okay, so here's the thing Shawny Boy." Dinah started as she leaned her head over the console to look at the startled guy properly. "You don't ask anymore questions and just drive us." The Polynesian faked a smile and patted Shawn's shoulder.

He gulped and avoided our gazes throughout the ride.

We finally arrived at the bar. Ally, Dinah, Normani and I got out of the car and headed inside the bar while Shawn was left inside his car. He didn't complain but instead gave us a reassuring smile. The four of us are already inside and the bar wasn't that packed. I searched the crowd of people, searching for a sign of Ariana.

I haven't seen a glimpse of her yet so I told the girl, "You guys should wait here." They gave each other a look, feeling a bit skeptic but they saw my determined eyes so they didn't have a choice but to comply. I grinned in return. I told them that we would meet up right here before separating from the four.