Part 49: The Five Kage Summit

[Name]'s POV

"Why did the Summit have to be in a cold and snowy place?" Naruto groans while shivering.

"Quit complaining, Naruto," Kakashi sighs as we approach the building the Summit will take place in.

"You must be the the Hokage, Lady [Name] [L/Name]. I am Mifune, the General of the Land of Iron, and I will be acting as a mediator over this Summit," a man with long, grey hair and bandages around his head informs me.

"That would be me. A pleasure to meet you, sir." I smile and bow respectfully.

"The other Kages wait for you inside. Your escorts can standby on the balcony that surrounds the room," he says, and I nod.

"Okay. Thank you," I respond before two Samurai Warriors move out of the way and let my team and I walk into the building. We start walking towards the room the Summit will take place in, when I stop and turn around. "I want you three to stay quiet and not interrupt during this Summit unless there is a threat. Understand?"

"We do, [Name]," Yamato states, and Naruto and Kakashi nod in agreement.

"Good. Then head up to the balcony when we get in there," I tell them before opening the door, making all the other Kages and their escorts look at me.

"[Name]?" Gaara's eyes widen.

"Gaara!" I smile and jog over to him.

He opens his arms and lets me crash into his chest. "You're Hokage?" he chuckles lowly as we embrace each other.

"Yeah, I was appointed as the Sixth since Tsunade-Ma is incapacitated," I explain before pulling away. "I'm glad to see you. You're looking well."

"[Name] [L/Name], one of the survivors of the [L/Name] Clan Massacre. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Mei Terumī, the Mizukage," a woman with ankle-length, auburn hair with part of it tied up on top of her head tells me.

"Nice to meet you." I smile and we shake hands.

"Just great. Impressive to become Kage at your age, but I'm sure you'll be naive on political affairs," an extremely short old man grumbles.

"You're Ōnoki, the Tsuchikage, correct?" I raise an eyebrow while turning to him.

"Damn right I am," he responds proudly.

"Well, I'm going to be the better of two people here. I may be young and have never been involved in political affairs, but that doesn't mean you get to not listen to what I suggest. I am well aware of the state of the shinobi world, but I was never in the position of power to do anything about it. I hope we can respect each other today and not cause any problems."

"Atta girl," someone whispers from the balcony, and I glance up to see C smirking down at me.

Mifune walks into the room and all of us turn to look at him. "Let's get the Summit started," he announces.

I take a seat at the curve of the U-shaped table with Gaara on my right and Ōnoki on my left. I do a quick sense for chakra signatures, frowning when I sense Sasuke and his team's chakra along with Zetsu's. 'So they're already here' I tell Blaze.