Part 42: Guren

[Name]'s POV

"[Name], look ahead." Haru points at the gates of the Konoha and my eyes widen when I see who's talking to my team, Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji.

"Zabuza! Haku!" I exclaim, and they turn around as I dash towards them.

"[Name]?" Haku's eyes widen in shock.

"Holy shit, it's almost been four years!" I laugh while pulling them both into hugs.

"You've certainly grown," Zabuza chuckles, flashing me a fanged-grin.

"In height and power," I smirk and wink at him.

He rolls his eyes with a faint blush. "Where were you at though? You left without a word?" Haku asks before looking at Haru. "And who is this?"

"Oh, my god. This is Haru, my best friend from childhood."

"I thought you said he died." Zabuza narrows his eyes.

"It's a... long and confusing story," Haru states while joining my side. "But I'm definitely not dead."

"Well, it's nice to meet you. Anyway, [Name], Haku and I have to go. We'll see you around," Zabuza states, and I wave as they walk away.

"Now that you're here and caught up with Haku and Zabuza, we should check in with Lady Tsunade," Shikamaru says, and I nod.

"Yeah, let's go," I state, and Haru heads home while the rest of us head to the Hokage's estate.

We enter the building and make our way to Tsunade's office, stopping outside it. I knock on the wooden door, receiving a 'come in' in return.

I push open the door and we all file in, Kakashi and Shikamaru stand on each side of me with Ino and Choji beside Shikamaru. Yamato, Naruto, Sakura, and Sai stand behind us, and Tsunade looks at me. "Well?"

"We were successful, Tsunade-Ma. Hidan has been incapacitated and won't escape and Kakuzu was killed," I tell her.

'Like one-fourth of that statement was true' Blaze snickers, and I put up a chakra block.

Tsunade nods before assessing all of us. "Well done, everyone, but it's not time to celebrate just yet. Not when there are still more of the Akatsuki at large," Tsunade states, and we give her a curt nod. She folds her hands on the desk and looks at Naruto. "Naruto, why are you the only one that doesn't look like you were in the fight at all?"

"I healed him, Tsunade-Ma. He was pretty banged up when I saw him, so I took care of him. He should stop by the hospital though to make sure he's good, but my guess is they'll clear him," I explain.

"All right then. And as far as the rest of you are concerned, I order you all to take a few days off, especially you, [Name]. Rest up for a bit. Got it?"

"Absolutely," I smile faintly.

"Good. Dismissed."

We all leave the building and I stretch while looking out at the setting sun. "I'm glad that's over," I smile faintly.

"[Name]! Shikamaru! Ino! Choji!" I freeze up and slowly turn around to see Asuma a few meters away.

Shikamaru gulps while I give everyone a peace sign. "Gotta blast!" I shout before taking off to avoid a scolding I know will be long.

~

I sit on my bed, writing down on a scroll the damage Naruto's move caused to Kakuzu's body. 'That's one hell of a jutsu for him to have, but Naruto also could end up destroying his chakra if he doesn't find a way to control it... his wounds when I healed them were terrible but I didn't want to scare him by telling him that' I tell myself while writing my report on Naruto's wounds as well.