Chapter 8: A Gambler and a Pervert [Edited- New Chapter]

-March 15th, Y12, 1:12 PM-

When you agreed to go on this training journey, you thought you would've been doing just that—training. No, as it turned out, you spent most of your days traveling to towns so that Tsunade could gamble and get drunk. Shizune tried to stop her every time, but Tsunade had a one-track mind that was solely focused on two things: money and sake.

You hadn't learned anything from her yet. What you had ended up doing was training on your own. You either worked on mixing your purple and black chakra, or you continued trying to open the Eight Gates. So far, you had opened four of them, and you had been working on the Fifth Gate.

Every once in a while, you also worked on a new Blood Release Technique that you called Blood Strangulation. You intended to use it to control your target's blood and ultimately stop the blood flow in their body. It would cause cerebral ischemia and kill your target because they wouldn't be able to get blood to their brain, leading to cerebral hypoxia and then death.

You wanted to tell Tsunade about it, but she was always out. Even now, she was nowhere to be found.

Looking out the window beside your bed at an inn in some town in the Land of Rivers, you found yourself growing annoyed. You had enough of this.

You sat up and pushed off your bed, grabbing your travel bag and throwing on your sandals. You were going to track down Tsunade and annoy her until she trained you. And if there was one thing you could be very good at, it was annoying someone until they gave in.

You opened the door and ran right into Shizune. Tonton oinked from where she rested in her arms, and you took a step back and offered a smile. Shizune was really nice to you, but you felt bad that she constantly had to try and track down Tsunade.

"Oh! Were you going out?" Shizune asked.

"Kind of. I was going to track down Tsunade," you explained, slinging your bag over your shoulder. "She's supposed to be training me, but instead, she drinks and gambles."

"I'm sorry about her." Shizune sweat-dropped. "I know you want Lady Tsunade to train you, but I don't think it'll happen today. She's a bit... out of it."

"Hungover? Or is she drunk already?"

"Hungover," Shizune stated and set Tonton on the ground. "I know I'm not one of the Legendary Sannin, but I could help you with your training. Do you know the Poison Mist Technique?"

You shook your head, and Shizune gestured you to follow her. She led you out of the inn, guiding you through the town.

"So, what is the Poison Mist Technique?" you asked.

"It's a technique that requires advanced knowledge of Ninjutsu, Medical Ninjutsu, chemistry, and chakra control. You'll convert the chakra in your body into a chemical that turns poisonous once it combines with air. You expel this chemical from your mouth by breathing it out. Just make sure you don't get caught in it or that you don't catch any of your allies in it. The poison is fast-acting and causes immediate death."

Converting chakra into a chemical required a deep understanding of Medical Ninjutsu. Luckily, you had been training in it for nearly a decade now, and chemistry was an easy subject for you. But you had never converted your chakra into a chemical before. How hard would it be?

Shizune stopped in a grassy field away from the town, and Tonton moved to lie down in a sunny spot and closed her eyes. For a pig, she sure reminded you of a cat.

"Okay! So, I'm going to demonstrate to you what the technique looks like, and then we'll go through it step by step," Shizune said.

She stood beside you, and you activated your Seiunigan and focused on her chakra signature, noticing how she focused her chakra to her lungs. A few seconds later, Shizune exhaled, creating a purple cloud of poison that spread out in front of you. The range of it was more than you expected, and you studied everything you could of the mist. It wasn't a technique you could ever use inside or in tight quarters because you would catch yourself in it, but it was perfect to use outside on enemies who got too close.