Part 47: Naruto and [Name] VS Pein

A/N

This chapter is still longer than most of them, but whatever. Anyway, I know in the anime Naruto was sixteen during this fight, but if you haven't realized, all the Rookie Nine are two years older than the anime has them because now they're adults which makes writing relationships easier on me.

[Name]'s POV

"[Name], listen to me-"

"How, Haru? They're strong. They wouldn't have died so easily." I shake my head rapidly and he grabs my arm.

"They sacrificed themselves!" he exclaims, and I stare at him. "Pein was the one who killed them. They took his attack to save many civilians."

The information sinks inside me, and I collapse into Haru's arms. "I'm the only one left... I need to get to their bodies. Haru, take me to them. I can't live without my brothers. They're-"

Haru cuts me off and points to the sky. "[Name]... look."

I look up to see Pein floating high in the air. "Shit." I do a hand-sign.

Pein holds out his hand. "Shinra Tensei," he says and uses the jutsu, a bright light surrounds us before he uses a repulsive force to destroy the Village.

Smoke surrounds us and when it finally clears out, Haru and I are standing on my Wolf Summon, Raiki. "My god..." I whisper while looking around to see all that's left is a crater where the Village once was.

"How many people died from that attack?" Haru murmurs, and I clench my fists.

"I think we should be asking how many people survived," I growl, looking out in the distance to see Naruto standing on Gamakichi's head who stands on Gamabunta. "Pein killed my brothers and who knows how many others. I will defeat him."

"Be careful, [Name]," Haru says, and I nod.

"I will. Now get out of here, Haru." He sends me a worried look before jumping off Raiki. "Raiki, take me over to Naruto."

"Right away," he responds and runs over to Naruto.

"Naruto!" I shout, and he turns to look at me.

"[Name]! What happened here?! Where are we?!" Naruto asks frantically, and I notice the red coat with a black flame pattern on the hem along with his yellow irises with an orange tint around the skin of his eyes.

'His Sage Mode' I realize before looking out at the remains of Konohagakure. "Pein attacked... they killed so many. This is what's left of Konoha," I whisper, turning around to face him. "We cannot let him get away with this."

I focus on the energy of the nature around me, making my irises change to the pattern of the Galactigan and my pupils shift to a plus sign. [F/C] lines form down from my eye to the center of my cheek, and I clench my fists.

"Your Sage Mode," Raiki states, and I nod.

"Not even my full Sage Mode. Just the first level," I say as Pein walks out of the smoke.

"Good, now I don't have to hunt you down," he says to Naruto before looking at me. "And, [Name], you've taken out three of my Paths. No matter, they have been revived."

Chikushōdō appears beside him and summons the other four Paths. "All six of them have assembled together," Fukasaku states, when Tsunade appears a few meters in front of us.

"Tsunade-Ma," I murmur as she breathes heavily.

"I...I am the Fifth Hokage," she pants, and an ANBU member jumps over and lands beside her.