민윤기

Tall buildings, bustling city, busy streets, grey clouds of New York fill my eyes through the glass wall separating the small, spacious, and warm cafe from the outside world. People were coming in and out. Orders were made and given. Conversation and gossip were exchanged between people. Music could be heard in the background. Everywhere you look in the cafe, it was calming and nice.

I'm seated by the large windows. An open book on the table, a hot cup of coffee in front of me, my messenger bag sitting beside me and my phone buzzing on the table, indicating that i just got a text message from my mother.

'Don't forget to wear your gloves and scarf! Its going to snow today! Also, go by the market today. I need eggs and some milk for dinner tonight. Stay safe and I love you. Xx Mom'

I grin and chuckle softly at my mother's concern. I know that a lot of people say that they don't have a good relationship with their mom but i think that you just have to try.

'Of course mom. I'll go by the market after work. I'm on a break right now. I might get home at around-'

I looked at the time. 2:30 p.m.

'around 6. Don't forget to take your medication at 5. Stay safe and I love you too. Xx (Y/N)'

A deep voice startles me and i look up.

"여기 앉아도 될까요?" (Can I sit here?)

It was a guy with mint green hair with beautiful lips and smooth, creamy white skin. He was wearing a black Rolling Stones tee under his Japanese embroidered bomber jacket and skin tight black ripped jeans with a pair of Doc Martins that had the British flag on it and a black mask hanging off of one ear.

"Sure..." I said trailing off and stared at him as he puts his laptop and messenger bag on the table before pulling out the chair and began fixing his things.

Moments later, his order came and it was a cheese cake with a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." He said to the waiter with a lisp in his accent. What i thought next was very weird.

'He's so cute!'

I immediately shook my head to get rid of the thought of the good-looking stranger in front of me. I picked up my book and continued reading it for the remaining 1 hour in my break to avoid getting into a conversation with the man. Yet, half an hour later, he starts to pack up his things and he stands and bows and then says,

"여기에 앉게 해 줘서 고마워요." (Thanks for letting me sit here.)

Then he left. I heaved a sigh in relief because i thought that i might explode from having him sit with me. Its not that he's awkward. Its me.

Something green at the corner of the table catches my attention. I pick it up and notice that it was the man's iPhone. I turn it on and i see a small name on the top.

민윤기

Min Yoongi? Isn't that the rapper guy from BTS? Really? Who cares! I have to get this back to him.

I gather my things and run out of the cafe to look for the mint green haired man. I look left and right and then i finally found him. He was walking to the bus stop on the right. I brisk walked and then ran to him but he seemed to be startled and started running away.

"I'm sorry but you left your phone!" I shouted to him, still running after him.

"꺼저!" (Go away!) Yoongi screamed back at me and started running at full speed.

"Please! Your phone!" I was running out of energy and started to slow down.

We reached an intersection and the stop loghts turned green. Yoongi was still running and a taxi was driving full on. I did what i thought was best and ran to him, pulled him to me and jumped away. He fell on top of me, making me lose my breath.

A moment later, he pushed me away and picked up his things and ran away. People were looking at us. I just sat there until another taxi beeped at me to get out of the way.

I felt that i was still holding onto something rectangle and i looked down. Guess what?

He left his phone again.