twenty five

sitting in the shower and crying is the best feeling ever tbh

L U C A S  F R I A R

"maya, what happened?" i asked.

she took in a deep breath. "lucas, i love you. i hope you know that. bu-"

i interrupted her before she could say another word. "yes, of course i know that. and please let there not be a "but."

she started sobbing uncontrollably. her body shook with every breath she took. when she finally opened her mouth to speak, tears were still rolling down her beautiful face."i am such a horrible person, lucas. i think," her breath caught in her throat. she shook her head then recomposed herself. "i think we need a small break."

i sat up and let go of her hand, frozen from shock. "no. this cannot be happening right now."

"lucas," she sobbed, "i need to find myself." 

"maya, who is it that you're gonna go to? i know you. is it josh?"

she shook her head. "farkle?" i asked. once again she shooked her head.

"zay?" the ekg began to beep rapidly. we both turned our heads to look at it. 

then i looked to her. "zay? youre leaving me for him?" i asked in disgust.

she put her head in both of her hands.

"i cannot believe this."

farkle came bursting into the room. maya lifted her head up.

farkle looked between us, squinting his eyes. "maya, is everything okay?"

she nodded her head. "im fine. whats up?"

his eyes widened. "oh my goodness, i almost forgot why i came here. its zay."

mayas ekg beeped rapidly again. i shook my head.

"are you sure everything okay?" farkle asked again. we both nodded our heads.

"fine," he started, "zay is in a coma."

maya started sobbing again. i was surprised at how she reacted until the conversation we just had ran through my head over and over. i suddenly became very angry.

"whatever. zay could die for all i care." farkle and maya looked to me with wide eyes.

i then got up. "wheres riley? im going to go look for her. i need to go take my anger out, same way as last time before graduation." farkle shook his head in despair.

i ignored him and proceeded to get up, bump shoulders with farkle, then walked out the door and slammed it.

i never looked back.

..................................................................................

a/n

im glad we've established what a horrible author i am, so lets not get into it.

hope you enjoyed and also don't hate me :)

-emma