seven

...

I don't even remember how it happened.

Staring at the ceiling tiles as I lay in the hospital bed.

Trying to recollect the events that had happened in the past 24 hours.

A nurse came in and asked if I was alright.

I told her yes, but that was a lie.

How am I supposed to know if I'm alright, when I don't even know what happened?

24 Hours Ago...

"Maybe I do," I muttered to myself.

I decided to skip the rest of the day, since I wasn't feeling well. Migraines. Cramps.

It was that time of the month.

I walked down the halls to find the main door, but heard Zay and Lucas fighting.

I really wasn't in the mood for drama, so I decided to go through the gym doors instead.

But when I walked to go across the street, I collapsed. A lot of pain had just suddenly hit me at once.

That's when it hit me.

A car, 2015 Toyota Tacoma. Probably DUI.

Present...

So that's what happened.

It's so funny that even when people are surrounding me, I still feel alone.

And that's what's happening now.

I turn my head to see Shawn, The Matthew's, Farkle, Jake, and even Zay decided to make an appearance.

But guess who wasn't there?

Lucas Friar.

"Guys, she's up," I heard someone, who I think was Farkle, said.

Everyone lifted their heads out of their palms.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well, I don't know exactly what happened to you. I just saw you get hit by that stupid car. I was following you to ask where you were going to go, if you were going to skip, because I saw you going through the gym doors during basketball practice,"Jake replied.

Wow, there was basketball practice going on?

"I didn't know what to do so I called Lucas for help," he continued, "but he was in a big fight with Zay. When it cooled off and I told him what happened and he just rolled his eyes and waved me off. I told him that he had to help, but that's when this happened," he said as he pointed to a scar on his face.

"Did Lucas do that to you?" I asked.

"Maya it's-" I interrupted him.

"No Jake, it's not," I said, " and I'm going to do something about it."

To be continued...

|.....a/n.....|

Yea, so that just happened. I need to update more.