eight

"Did Lucas do that to you?" I asked.

"Maya it's-" I interrupted him.

"No Jake, it's not," I said, " and I'm going to do something about it."

...

I tried to get out of the bed, ignoring their warnings. I took a few wobbly steps as they all held out their hands to catch me. I fell and Farkle caught me. 

"Whoa, careful Maya," he said, "don't want to pass out again," he cleared his throat and whispered, "also you might want to clean up a bit."

It was at that moment that I realized I was covered in blood. Well, just that area mostly. Mr. Matthews and Jake were cringing and wincing, but Farkle and Zay looked at me like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Maya?" Riley asked.
"Hi cupcake," I replied.

She got up and embraced me into a hug, not even caring if she got blood all over herself. That's why I love all of them so much.

But everything just felt wrong.

As much as I hated Lucas, I couldn't let the rest of them hate him too for me.

"Guys, someone call Lucas and tell him I'm here."

They all looked at me with wide eyes.

"Did they also check her head after she fell?" Zay asked.

"There he is," I said to him with a smile.

"Yea, don't get used to it," he said, but trying to hide a smile.

"Maya, can I talk to you alone?" Topanga asked.

It was at that moment when Auggie woke up. He ran to me and hugged my leg.

"Maya, are you ok?" he asked.

"Yea Aug, I'm okay," I replied.

"You better start feeling worse, because I'm supposed to be on a honeymoon with Eva, and she says if you don't feel bad to call her up so she can come get me," he said in a "grown up" voice.

I laughed as Topanga ushered me out of the room.

She whispered something in my ear.

I must have looked stunned as I came back inside, because they all asked if I was ok.

I told them all I was ok, but then again asked for someone to call Lucas.

"I'll do it," Farkle said.

After a few anxious minutes, Farkle came back inside.

"He said he's on his way."

___________________________
a/n
I'm probably not revealing what Topanga said for a couple more chapters.