thirteen

...

L U C A S  F R I A R

I tried to find a way to hide my baseball butt in those tiny bushes. When I finally found a way, not a comfortable one, I may add, I sat silently and watched as Maya stepped foot in Jake's house. I tried my hardest not to be jealous as she gave a small smile to him. I couldn't help myself, even though I knew it was fake.

It was inaudible, and I was able to tell when Maya had asked him the question. His faced turn from a smile, to a smirk, (he must've thought she was kidding), then a frown. And sometimes, including now, I thank God that I don't have the ability to read lips. And I know whatever was coming from over there was pretty nasty.

Then I saw the signal coming from behind her back. I knew that was it.

She had five fingers, and the middle one was for me. 

Just as she gave the signal, Jake tried to drag her somewhere.

I ran up to his door and tried to lock it.

I just stood there not knowing what to do. I mean, I couldn't just knock down the boy's door, could I?

Wait, maybe I could, I do have the strength of a bull, after all.

I channel all my energy into knocking down that door. It took about three tries, but I got it.

I heard screaming from upstairs. I ran up the stairs and opened almost every single door, trying to find where the screaming was coming from. I looked up, then it made sense. The attic.

I pulled down the string that revealed the stairs and ran up the steps two by two.

And what I saw, let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight.

____________|||||||||||||||||||____________

a/n

whoa ho ho, another cliffhanger. pls don't kill me.

i feel like no one is reading these. i could say i was 

ending the story and i don't think anyone would notice.

but im not. don't worry.

 next chapter 50 reads? ik that we can do it.

i sound like dora.