Day 49 I

Sipping lime tea, sitting on my small, old couch legs crossed, the television is off as I am too enveloped in my thoughts to focus.

"Three years," I repeat once more. "I can't believe it's been three years."

My purple suit and black shoes were still on me, I have been sipping tea for the past nine hours.

I jump at the sound of someone knocking at my door abruptly. Considering it's 3 o'clock in the morning I'm not expecting anyone.

"Maybe I imagined it.." I whisper after the knocking stops. "Hallucinations, I'll add it to the list."

"Seokjin, open this damn door right now!"

Frowning, I look over to the door, it couldn't be, could it?

"For fucks sake!" Someone shouts. "It's urgent, it's about Ally!"

Not staying to watch my teacup fall to the floor into pieces, I run and unlock the door, without saying anything, Yoongi walks past me.

He is wearing a grey puma jumper two sizes too big, black jeans and timberlands. His hair is messy and disheveled, his eyes are just as tired as they were when I saw him the last morning and he had dark bags under his eyes.

"Good evening to you too," I lock the door. "Or should I say good morning?"

"Say whatever you like," he throws himself onto my couch. "Just listen to me first."

Nodding, I sit down on the other side of the couch.

"What is it you'd like to talk to me about at three in the morning?" I ask dryly. "Couldn't you have waited until the moon had left?"

Yoongi seem caught off guard with what I said, his eyes go wide and he stares, as if I made him remember something.

"I- uh.." he gulps before starting again. "Do you remember when I went to the forest and killed myself?"

"Well, you don't have to put it so blankly." I chuckle at his behaviour, which is the same as it was even after three years. "But yes, I do remember."

"Before I did I terminated my account on kik," his smile makes me jump. "You know, that was how I talked to her before we met and what I used as a coping mechanism after she-"

"Hm." I reply, not wanting him to finish his sentence, I knew he didn't want to either.

"Well, I decided to get it back!" His sudden change of voice startles me. "And guess what I found? Guess? Guess?"

"I don't know?" I sigh. "A will?"

"No!" He shouts, clapping his hands in excitement. "Here, look at my phone! Look!"

I take his phone and look at the messages, when I see her name my breath hitches.

"What the-"

"I know," his sudden excitement subsides. "I don't know how, or why, this has happened."

"I-I don't like it." I throw his phone to him. "She's dead, she's gone, she's not coming back-"

"But what about this?" Yoongi holds his phone into the air. "What if-"

"She's alive?" We both finish.

We both look at each other with hope, excitement and fear. We both were there when she died, there would be no way she could be living today, is there?

"We can't just ignore this," Yoongi puts his phone in his pocket. "I've lost her once, I'm not losing her again."

"Her?" I laugh. "Whoever was texting you isn't Ally, for god's sake Yoongi you can't actually believe she's still alive?"

"What? You're just going to sit sipping tea all your life mourning for a girl who wouldn't do the same?" His hands clench. "I know you loved her, don't you think that if you don't come with me you'll regret it?"

"No." I lie. "I'm not going on a wild goose chase trying to find someone who is six feet under."

"Okay," Yoongi lowers his head. "If you don't want to help me, fine. I should have never told you in the first place, you never loved her, you were only jealous a girl liked me more than you."

"Is that really what you think?" My anger boils. "I'm pretty sure she was afraid of you at some point, whilst she was dying I bet all she felt for you was fear."

"I'm not going to hit you," Yoongi says more to himself than to me. "I'm sure me finding Ally whilst you're here feeling sorry for yourself is more painful."

"If you're so convinced she's out there alive why are you still talking to me instead of trying to find her?" I shout, my voice echoing off the walls. "Take you and your conspiracy theories out of my house!"

Yoongi stares at me with his eyebrows crosses before he stomps out.

"You're welcome to join me," he says once he gets to the door. "It's your decision at the end of the day."

I look away from him to the television, which is still turned off. Listening to his footsteps quickly fading, my heart speeds up and my breathing becomes slower.

Taking my coat off the chair and grabbing my keys, I punch my arm for being so stubborn.

"Yoongi," I shout down the stairs. "Let me come with you!"