Alive ➸ Day #6 "I can teach you then."

"Painting," he picked up his brush and smeared the hairy end in the thick liquid. "Have you ever tried it?"

She shook her head, both ways.

"I can teach you then."

He handed her, her brush dipped in a bright color and urged her to draw patterns from her memory.

"It's my escape from reality."

He furrowed his eyebrows in concentration of his next developing masterpiece as she sat by, clutching her wet brush and watched him.

"I paint my perfect world in my head and then on the canvas. Whenever I'm low, I come here and paint. It soothes me."

He bit his lip and looked at her.

"You know what's mine?" She spoke, distracting herself from him. "Reading."

"Why?" He asked interested. 

"Sometimes it's fun to pretend you live the perfect life of a book character."

"Is it?"

"Yeah. That's one reason I have been giving myself for the last eight years."

Silence took over the colorful room.

"I'm sorry, Claire. For everything you have been through."

She looked at him, surprised.

"Why? It's not like my troubles are your fault."

He looked away, unable to think of an answer.

"You know what life has taught me? I know I'm just eighteen and giving out life lessons is not my piece of cake, but life is never smooth okay? It's full of pain and struggle. You can't remove that from it. All you can do is, make yourself numb to it. Sometimes you just have to stop feeling and stop seeing and listening. Sometimes you just have to let go or give people their shit back. You are beautiful and you have all the right in the world to be happy. So you should be happy. You deserve to be loved and you will be loved. Life is a beautiful gift, don't waste it."

~to be contd