Alive ➸ Day #3 "Candy floss or caramel popcorn?"

The look she wore transmitted her clear skepticism to him.

"Come on."

He urged.

"But I haven't been to a fair in a really long time."

"Then now's the perfect time."

"But I feel weird."

"Stop whining."

He tugged on her dainty arm and pulled her towards the lively fair filled with cheers, laughs and happy faces.

"Candy floss or caramel popcorn?"

"Candy floss."

She rubbed the dirt on the ground with her converse, feeling too shy.

They savoured the sweetened flavour of the pink candy before moving on to try more. Half a day was spent munching and giggling. The rest on the joyful rides and games.

The open ground that sees the fair come only once a year, was now filled with kids and their families. If one had to sum up the atmosphere in a single word, it would be enjoyment.

And that was what he was trying to force her into.

They started on the games installed on the stalls, like shooting the ring, popping balloons and so much more. Just a few hours into it, all the grim thoughts were far left behind them as they enjoyed the fair, never wanting the day to cease.

"Roller coaster."

He bellowed excitedly seeming like a six year old.

"No. I'm not getting on that."

"Yes, you are."

He ran towards her as she was trailing behind him, earlier and dragged her.

"No, I'm not."

But she did.

And had fun too.

Well, fun would be an understatement.

Like all other days that she had spent with Zayn, this day and this ride, with itself, brought a lesson. An important one.

Life is like a roller coaster. It slowly ascends first, which is merely a time for you to struggle and anticipate what is to come. The down fall is what makes your stomach do somersaults and is the result of your patience and hard work earlier. The little twists and turns, midway, keeps you alive, keeps you feeling and reminding where and how far you have come. Finally, it halts. Sometimes suddenly, sometimes you know it is going to, just like your life.

Though it's never a smooth travel. But then again, few bumps along the way is what makes the ride worthwhile.

~to bo contd