Alive ➸ "Jump already."

She felt numbness seep in from her bare feet to the rest of her body, as she stood on the cold grey stoned wall. With her arms outstretched on either side, she resembled an eagle with her wings widespread, ready to soar high.

Her case was quite different though.

She watched sparkles of light on the buildings at midnight on some God forsaken roof, not to flutter her imaginary wings and fly, but to prove something to herself. That she was courageous enough to take decisions.

"I."

She breathed in one last breath, or so she thought, to close her eyes and shut the world away.

"Want."

She pursed her lips and listened to her heart beat, which probably would be the last time she would do it.

"To."

She held her head up a little trying to push back in the thoughts that were trying to convince her to not do this, not to take the plunge.

"End."

She let herself loose into the feeling of the breeze against her pale skin. The last whiff of air, that might touch her, alive and breathing state.

"My life."

But even after she read her thoughts aloud for everyone to hear, she did not budge from her position. She stayed grounded and knew not what kept her so.

Maybe the fact that she wasn't as brave as she thought she was.

She opened her eyes as a few tears escaped making her feel all the more shit for not going ahead with her plans. She was yet again reminded what a failure she was, and couldn't even claim her life.

"Jump already."

A stranger intervened, not only her suicide attempt, but also her life.

~to be contd