Alive ➸ Day #5 "Why are we here?"

"Wake up."

He pulled the duvet off her sleeping form.

"Go away."

"No. Get up."

"Leave me alone."

"You have to get up or we'll miss it."

She got up rubbing her droopy eyes, trying to vanish her pending slumber.

"What'll we miss?"

"Today's lesson."

She glanced at the clock by the bed.

"At 4.30 am?"

"Yes. Now get out of bed."

He pulled her by her arm and took her towards his car. One hand clutched hers tightly, the other was wrapped around a brown basket.

They drove along familiar roads for a while until they came to a stop by the road that led to the same cliff they jumped off, a few days ago.

"Why are we here?"

"The sunrise."

He smiled at her and proceeded to lay the blanket down and signalled her to come sit by him.

She had never seen a sunrise before but she hoped the new experience would be enthralling.

They lay on the fluffy cloth and watched the sky change colors, from black to dark blue to various shades of yellow and orange until finally the sun graced the whole of the sky with it's light rays.

"This is beautiful."

She exclaimed, unable to believe her eyes.

The way clouds stirred up to take various spiral forms and inked themselves to the scattered rays of the rising sun. Slowly rising from it's space, the sun grew small in size, until it reached above them and shone brightly. It was a breathtaking sight indeed.

"How come you've never seen a sunrise before?"

He asked surprised.

"I don't know. But you know what the funny part is, everyday, it rises and gives us a day to live and breathe. Everyday, it comes out from the same space and sets, too. It's everyday and yet we let the beauty of something so petty slip out and not care. And had I not seen it now, I would never have known. This is beyond amazing. And I understand now why they say that beauty lies in everything, you just need the eyes to see it." She looked at him. "In my case, I just needed someone to show me. So thank you, Zayn. Not only for making me witness this, but also for making me strong and making me believe. It's something I needed very much and if it wasn't for you, five days ago, I wouldn't have been here. So that's probably why, thank you seems too feeble a word to explain how grateful I am, to you."

~to be contd