chapter twenty seven

**phil**

Dan pulled Phil onto him, biting his neck. Phil kissed Dan, pushing himself into Dan. Dan undid his belt, letting it fall to the floor with a thud. He tugged at his black jeans, pulling them off.

Phil did the same, pulling at his jeans, freeing them from his legs and throwing them onto the floor. Dan placed a hand on Phil's chest and pulled him into a warm embrace.

'I really fucking love you' Dan said, burying his face in Phil's neck.

'I love you too Dan' Phil said, putting his hand through Dan's hair.

**dan**

Phil stared into Dan's chocolate brown eyes. His state subtle and intended harmless yet intense as anything.

Phil ran his hand up Dan's stomach, his fingers following the pattern of his ribs.

'I do wish you'd eat more' Phil whispered.

'I do eat.... Kind of'

'Hey, smoking doesn't count as eating' Phil giggled.

'Doesn't it? You've rumbled me' Dan laughed, looking up at the man that made him feel so alive.

'You idiot' Phil said, laughing along with him.

Dan kissed Phil on the forehead. 'I mean it. I really fucking love you. And I'm so fucking sorry, but that's the truth'

'Don't be sorry, I love you too' Phil said, kissing Dan. Phil put his hand on Dan's cheek. 'We don't have to do anything you don't want to do. You know that right?'

Consent, Dan thought to himself. How sweet.
'You're so cute. You know that right?'

'I'm just asking' Phil smiled. 'You need to be happy with everything, I never want to force you into anything'

'That. Mr Lester, makes my cold heart melt like butter to a flame' Dan smiled.

'Well. Mr Howell, anything for you' Phil placed a kiss on Dan's cheek.

Dan looked deep into Phil's eyes. They were so blue and they spiralled down for ages. They were just like the ocean. Sometimes slowly ebbing, and flowing. And then, all at once. A wave comes crashing down and submerges you deeper and deeper. Silence, and then comes another wave, and with that, noise, quiet at first, and then.... words?

'Dan. Dan??' Phil said.

'Oh!' Dan said, coming to his senses. 'Sorry!'

Phil laughed. 'What were you doing?'

'Oh, nothing' Dan said, his dimples deepening as a wide smile spread across his face.

Upon noticing Dan's cute, joyful smile, Phil couldn't help but smile too.

'Okay, whatever you say'

Dan nodded in response. 'I'm so fucking sorry Phil'

'For what?' Phil asked.