Chapter 3

The doctor put his hands on my shoulders "calm down son. He's fine now, he has woken up so you may see him" he said.

I smiled a little and sighed in relief, I made my way to the door to see my father looking at me and with a grin on his face as he realised it was his son.

I ran up to him "Papa!" I said and threw my arms around him.
The only thing I love the most in this world is my dad. He is the only thing I have left. My mother died when I was 8 and ever since then, he was there for me no matter what and supported every decision I made, so.. I was pretty glad to see him okay. I guess you could say he was my weak spot.

"Are you alright?" I asked him while releasing the hug and sat beside him. "I'm fine now, They said it happened because of lack of sugar and not much blood circulated my head which made me collapse and faint" I nodded my head "I see.." The doctor came in and explained more.

I'll skip the details but he said the main reason is because he's been overworking too much and had no rest which he needed a lot to maintain his health or else bad things often could happen, like this.

As he walked out, my dad scratched his head and looked down, he looked like he was thinking hard about something.

"I think you should quit your job, you've been working a lot lately. Plus they won't even give you less time to work or change the timings" I told him.

"That's what I'm thinking but.. it will be hard to find another job..." I shook my head "it's okay, i'll help you as much as I can to find a new job. Having a job which puts your health at risk is not good!"

"I.. I suppose you're right" he said. After they tested him, he was finally released and allowed to go home. The doctor handed him a prescription before he left.

When we arrived home, I suddenly realised something. "What about the money for the hospital.. was it too much?" I asked my dad. He shook his head .

"No it wasn't" he lied.

"I saved enough for a rainy day such as this" he said while putting his hand on my head and smiled. I smiled back. "You can rest, i'll make dinner and bring it up to you" I insisted.

"Are you sure you won't need any help? Because I ca-"
"I'm fine doing it by my own papa, I'm not a kid" I said while gently pushing him towards his room as he laughed.