Chapter 28

That smile of hers.. it was something I haven't seen on her before, was this really her?

She was sitting beside a patient smiling while having a friendly conversation with him, she lifted the spoon from the tray and fed him while grinning.

I couldn't help but stare at her all the way through. I smiled a little myself without even noticing, as if her smile was contagious.

I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings until I get disturbed by a hand waving in front of my face

I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings until I get disturbed by a hand waving in front of my face. My smile fades and I have an annoyed look as I look at Taehyung.

"Earth to jungkook, earth to jungkook???" He said with an eyebrow raised, he looked at the direction I was looking

"what are y-" he stopped talking as he finally noticed.

"OOOOHHH I see I see" he said with a smirk.

I quickly looked away and continued eating.

"see what.." I mumbled.
"Trying to act innocent are ya?" He pat my back.

"Let's go outside now!" Jimin whined. "Alright alright" hoseok got up from his seat.

They both looked at Taehyung and me "I'm coming" he said and also sat up, while about to walk away he looks back to noticed jungkook didn't move from where he was.

"jungkook, come on!" I waved my hand at him "il be here, I need to.. finish my lunch.. il be there after okay?" I said to him.

He nodded and turned around "Hm. alright then."

I purposely ate my food slowly just so I can glance at her a.. couple of times. I was waiting for her to walk closer to me since she was walking around the room and talking to some of the patients but was disappointed she went nothing near me.

Does she know I'm here?
Is she still shook?
I apologised didn't I?!

Why is she ignoring me??

"Aish YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME"
I said to myself furiously and banged my hand against the table.

It accidentally was too loud and everyone looked at me, including her. I slowly lifted a smile and waved at her as if everything was fine and immediately stuffed the food inside my mouth not looking at her from now on.

IDIOT.

As I was finished I walked away from the cafeteria and to the garden.

___________________

-( YOUR POV )-

"And what was your sisters name?" I said smiling at the patient "Sarah!" He said happily.

"ohhh what a pretty name! She must have been an awesome sister, I wished I had one like her!" I gave a fake frown jokingly, he laughed "yes I'm glad I have her" I laughed with him.

"Okay back to the game" I said, he nodded. We were both playing jigsaw puzzles, I helped him a little, it was my job to keep the patients happy, I didn't mind.
I myself felt happy seeing other people happy.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head around, "Manager told me that it's your turn to do the night shift with jiyoung tomorrow" said areum.

I nodded my head "oh.. okay that's fine." She then walked away without saying any other words.

Areum was very... strange.

She was also a new nurse like me, I found out she came a two weeks before I did. She does talk with people but not as much, she never mentioned anything about her life and would simply change the subject if they brought it up.

But that wasn't the unusual part.. it's the fact that she covers her mouth with a mouth mask.

-TBC-