Chapter 3 - Lunch and Teasing

Start from the beginning

So it wasn't a surprise to watch the new guy become transfixed by her beauty. She already had him eating at her hand.

I watched the smirk play in his features as she flirted with him. He let out a laughter, his features became enlightened by the glow of his grin and I internally wondered what she was telling him, but then his eyes shifted right at my table, trapping mine in a swift gaze.

I swallowed and instantly retreated my stare back to the food in front of me. I don't even know why I felt like blushing, because my cheeks became inflamed at that moment. Even though you couldn't see the evidence of my blush, I still felt it.

It was at that moment that I turned my eyes away when Kyle suddenly made an appearance. He came along with Ned, his side-kick or should I say wing man.

"I am so starved!" Was Kyle's introductory as he sat opposite the table to face me and took my remaining lunch in the process.

I scowled at him.

"What?" He said through a mouthful.

"I was still eating that!"

He frowned. "Didn't you hear what I said? I did mention that I was starving."

"So, just get your own food." I folded my arms on top the table, my eyes trained right at him in a glare.

He shrugged. "Its not like you were going to finish it anyway. What's your deal these days, you've never cared when I took your lunch before?" He commented.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. Truth was I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was angry and frustrated at him. Why? Well because I regretted the fact that I blurted out or should I say begged, last week, for him to take my virginity. Since then our relationship has been kind of strained.

I didn't know if it was him or me, but it was as if by asking him that question I'd put an unwanted tension between us.

For example, whenever I talk to a guy and Kyle happened to pass by, he would pratically give me a disapproving look and the guy I'm talking to, a death glare. This never happened before.

And whenever he was talking to some girl and I happened to be passing by, he would stare at me for a brief moment in a blank expression until the girl demanded his attention. I would frown at him, wondering why he was looking.

I mean, it was not like I cared whoever he talked to girl or not. I didn't own him and he could get laid all he wanted. But if he could just stop staring at me with those probing green as if he was seeking my reaction whenever he talked to a girl, then, I wouldn't be this awkward around him.

"Seriously, I could cut the tension between you guys with a knife. What the fruck did you do this time Keya?" Ned asked, giving both me and Kyle a curious look.

"Me?" I burst out. "Why does it always have to be me?"

Ned and Kyle both gave me a look that said "don't be melodramatic". I just rolled my eyes at both of them.

"Well if you must know Ned, " I looked at him, ignoring the warning look Kyle was shooting at me.

Seriously? He really thought I was going to tell Ned what occurred between us?

"Kyle is sexually frustrated." I stated, my eyes shifting to look at Kyle's reaction. And if looks could kill, well I'd be just speck of dust on the ground by the glare Kyle gave me.

I smirked, knowing fully well that I've just pissed him off. Well it felt good to piss him off. That way I wouldn't start feeling guilty for putting a strain in our friendship. It was his fault, that he made me ask him. He had to go on and become so good looking that even birds fell unto his feet from his radiance: for lack of a better exaggeration.