The ball

Ship: Lucaya

Maya's POV:

"I can't go to the ball. I don't have anything to wear." I say, running my hand through my blonde locks.

My best friend, Riley Matthews, sighs.

Suddenly her face lights up and she runs into her closet.

She comes back out with a simple black dress, white heels and a black mask. "You do now." She says with a proud smile.

"Riley, I don't know how to thank you." I say in awe.

I've never been to a ball.

I've always wanted to go to one, but my mother would never let me.

My mother is on her honeymoon with my new step dad, Shawn, so I am going to go.

"Just have fun." She says looking down at me with a genuine smile.

I smile back and take the items from her.

I go into the bathroom and change quickly.

I walk out of the bathroom, the mask in my hand.

(Mays's outfit is above)

Riley helps me do my make up and hair then she puts the mask on my face.

I look into the mirror, "Woah."

"You look beautiful, Maya."

"Thanks riles. You aren't going to the ball?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Farkle and I are going dancing but I don't know where. He said it's somewhere romantic though." She says, blushing a little.

"You guys are goals. I wish I had someone like that." I say with a giggle.

She smiles, "Don't worry Maya, you'll find your someone someday." She says in a soft, sweet tone.

I smile and nod.

"Crap. I just realized that I don't have a way to get to the ball."

"Yes, you do. You can come in now!" Riley yells.

Her father, Cory Matthews, comes into the room. "Your ride awaits." He says holding his arm out to me.

"Have fun peaches." Riley says giving me a quick hug before nudging me out the door so she can get ready for her date with Farkle.

I take Cory's arm and he takes me downstairs to his car.

We make small talk on the way to the school.

We arrive about twenty minutes later and I thank Cory for taking me to the ball.

"You're welcome. Have a good time, I'll be back in a few hours to pick you up." Cory says with a smile, waving goodbye. I nod and he drives off.

I walk inside the building and go into the gym.

Everyone is dancing, laughing, the music is blaring through the speakers.

I see the snack table and decide to grab a cup of punch.

I make my way over to the table and grab a cup, filling it up with the red liquid.

I bring the cup up to my lips and take a sip. My red lipstick leaves a mark on the edge of the cup.

After a few minutes of awkwardly standing by the snack table a guy walks towards me.