Memory loss

Ship: Riarkle

(Just so you know, Riley and Farkle are ten years old.)

Riley's POV:

"Farkle, come on!" I say giggling.

My best friend Farkle laughs as he runs faster so he can catch up with me.

We are going to the park that's just down the street from my house so we can play on the swings and watch the sun go down like we always do.

Farkle lives next door to me, we've been best friends since we were three.

I grab his hand and pull him towards the swings.

We jump onto the swings and start kicking our legs back and fourth, flying higher and higher into the air.

The sun begins to set, the sky fading into an array of oranges and yellows then into pinks and purples.

Every night we come out here to watch the sunset, it never gets old.

"It's so beautiful." I say quietly as the swing begins to slow down, my shoes kicking at the dirt.

"You're beautiful too." Farkle says as I roll my eyes.

"You're a dork."

"Yes I am. But you are beautiful, riles. You're brighter than the sun."

I roll my eyes again and giggle. "So is that why you call me sunshine?" I ask.

He nods. "Yes it is."

"Well, we better get back before our moms get mad at us for being out after dark." Farkle nods once again and we hop off the swings.

Before we leave the park, Farkle grabs my hand and pulls me back. "Riley, there's something I need to tell you." He says quietly.

"Okay, what's up?"

"Riley, tomorrow is my last day here. I-I'm moving to London. My dad got transferred there." He explains.

(A/N: Farkle's dad is in the military in this one shot, okay carry on.)

"F-For how long?" I ask, biting my lip to stop myself from crying.

"I don't know. It could be for a year, or five years. I wish I didn't have to leave and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, I just didn't want you to be mad at me."

"I could never be mad at you." I say before hugging him.

Farkle smiles and hugs her back.

"Come on, let's go home." Farkle says, pulling away from the hug.

I nod and we start walking home.

*time skip*

"So, this is it huh? This is goodbye?" I ask, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Farkle shakes his head. "No, this is a see ya later." He says making me laugh a little.

Our parents are saying their goodbyes by the car just a few feet away.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I say, hugging him tightly.

He hugs me back, "I'm gonna miss you more."