Josh and Maya

(In this one shot, Maya is 21 and Josh is 24.)

Maya's POV:

I walk out of the coffee shop, my pumpkin spice latte in my left hand, and my art portfolio in the other.

I take a sip of my latte and start walking down the street to my art class, which is held at the community college in Greenwich, New York.

Yes, I still live in Greenwich, NY.

I'm the only one who stayed.

Zay moved back to Texas after high school to be with Vanessa. Lucas told me that he's going to propose to her on her birthday in a few weeks.

Lucas and Isadora dated all through their junior and senior years of high school, then they moved to Florida and got married last year and now they are about to welcome their daughter, Gracie, into this world.

Riley and Farkle are in California where they are raising their two children. Their oldest child, Matthew James Minkus who is two and their daughter Lily Luna Minkus who is 9 months old. They got married right after high school.

They named Lily after Harry Potters daughter, Lily Luna. Riley and Farkle are huge Harry Potter fans.

Everyone is either getting hitched or having babies and moving on with their life and I'm still in Greenwich, New York.

All I have left here is my parents, Riley's Parents and my art.

I've been teaching an art class at the community college for two years now.

I sigh and take another sip of my latte.

"Maya?" I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn around and I nearly drop my coffee, but luckily I don't.

A gasp escapes my lips, "Josh? What are you doing here?" I ask as I study his face. He looks the same except his face is a little bit more mature; older.

"Wow, you look amazing." He says, a goofy grin on his face. I feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"So do you uncle boing." I say with a laugh. He laughs too.

"Maya, do you remember when we were at the ski lodge and I told you that I was in it for the long game and that I liked you?" He says, as he takes a few steps closer to me, his face only inches away from mine.

"Y-yea I do." I stutter.

"Do you still feel the same way?" He asks, a glimpse of hope in his eyes. "Cause I do." 

I've always felt the same way.

Those feelings have never left.

I look up at him and smile.

"Yes, Josh. I still like you." I say as he smiles even bigger.

"That's good. Cause, I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner tomorrow night." He says, as I smile and nod.

"I'd love that. Here's my number." I say as I take out a pen and write my number on a napkin I got at the coffee shop.

I hand it to him and we smile at each other.

"Great, I'll pick you up at eight."

"Can't wait." I say happily. I lean up and kiss his cheek before turning on my heel and continuing my walk to the community college, leaving him there with a big goofy grin on his face.

Maybe hope isn't for suckers.