Chapter 9

*KAYLA'S POV*

I'm here in my room.. Still hugging Riley.

*knock knock*

"Sweetie. It's time for dinner. Riley, why don't you stay for dinner? Go down in 5 minutes or I'll come right back up to get you." Mom said.

We laughed it off and I did some freshening up in the bathroom since my eyes were bloodshot from all the crying.

"We should go downstairs before mother dearest gets us." I said as I combed my hair.

"Let's go." He said as we exit my room and quickly went downstairs.

When we reached the dining room. Our house maid, Lydia, prepared my favorite which was Greek salad with blue cheese.

I quickly pulled Riley to a chair beside me and waited for mom and dad to show up.

"Good you guys are on time for dinner." Mom said entering the dining room.

"Good evening, Honey. Good evening Kayla. And who's this handsome lad beside my wonderful daughter? Is he a suitor?" Dad said with teasing tone in his voice.

"Kind of." Mom said, taking his side.

"You guys love embarassing me don't you?" I said in a smirk.

"We're your parents. Embarassing you is our job." Dad said and mom agreed with a nod.

Riley then rose from his seat and walk towards my dad.

"Good evening Mr. Jones. My name is Riley Mcdonough. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said and shook my dads hand.

I think this is going well.

"It's nice to meet you too Riley!" Dad said cheerfully.

Riley came back beside me and we all sat down, prayed, and ate our dinner.

After dinner, Riley had to go home since his mom doesn't know he's here.

"Goodbye." I said and hugged him tight.

"Goodbye Kayla." He said and kissed my cheek.

I was shocked and wide eyed when he planted one on my cheek.

Riley suddenly chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" I said quite confused.

"You're red as a tomato." He said and smiled widely.

I was blushing. And he saw it! How embarassing. I'm never gonna live this down. Oh well, he knows how I feel about him and he feels the same. I shouldn't be embarassed right? After that I just smiled at him and greeted each other goodbye for one last time and I let him leave. He said he'll just text me when he gets home. (I gave my number after dinner.)

*RILEY'S POV*

After our one last goodbye. I left for the gate and then I suddenly heard the doors open and again and saw her mom run towards me.

"You should know it's her birthday tomorrow. Make her happy." She said and left me.

I have to get her something or do something extra special for her big day tomorrow. She's turning 17. And her birthday is also special to me.

*NEXT DAY*

*KAYLA'S POV*

Another new day. And it's my birthday. Maybe everything will go well today. Good thing today's Saturday. Attending school on my birthday would've sucked. I woke up and went to my full body mirror on the corner of my room and looked at my bed head hair and suddenly noticed a green note on the upper right corner of the mirror.