The Second Visit to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

The snitch is the gold one, right? Olivia asked, to which Sirius nodded to, Draco tried to teach me the rules before Hogwarts started. I hope he made the team, he was really excited about it.

It's a shame this isn't a Slytherin and Gryffindor game, those are always the best. Sirius was about to say more, before they saw the teams come back out into the rain and mount their brooms.

Lightning flashed around the field, and the rain poured heavier than ever. Olivia was forced off Sirius's head in a burst of heavy wind, although it didn't leave any injury she noticed. Sirius, who wasn't that bothered by the weather, sat over her so his head and larger frame sheltered her.

You alright? Sirius asked, careful not to bend his head down and drench the bird underneath him.

Fine. What's happening in the game? Olivia had to ask this occasionally, as any newbie to a sport does.

Gryffindor is up 50 points, but both teams just want the snitch at this point. Sirius was again interrupted, but this time by a clap of thunder that sounded too close for comfort. And in the the flash of lightning, the two were able to see the Quidditch player closest to them- a glasses-clad, green-eyed, Gryffindor seeker.

Harry! Olivia cried out without thinking, not realising that he might not even be able to hear her while she was in her animagus form.

Sirius did hear her, however, He's a seeker?

I guess so, I didn't know he played. He mentioned flying before, but never Quidditch. Olivia said, feeling forlorn that she'd missed so much once again.

James was a chaser himself, but look at Harry go! Sirius cheered as the momentarily frozen Harry turned and zoomed towards some unseen object.

They never got to see if Harry got that snitch, however, for an eerie silence was engulfing everything. Looking down below, the animagii were horrified to see hundreds of dementors gathering on the pitch, looking upwards. The dementors had somehow found them.

We need to go. Can you fly? Sirius said in a urgent and panicked tone.

Olivia flapped her wings, but they were so water logged that they felt twenty pounds heavier. And twenty pounds was far too much for the small bird, I can't, I'm soaked to the bone. You go, they aren't looking for me.

I can't leave you alone with so many Dementors around. Sirius insisted, racking his brain for a way to get Olivia out. Yet the only idea he had was carrying her in his mouth, something that was far too dangerous to even attempt- she was too small, and he too large, for that to be carried out safely.

I have to dry off before I can fly. And that won't happen in this rain. I know where to go, please get out of here before they smell you out. Olivia practically begged, but their conversation was silenced by the crowd screaming.

The seeker they had just locked eyes with was falling to the ground at a dangerous speed. Olivia instantly flapped her wings to try and get to him, but only succeeded in knocking herself off the bench. The duo saw the ever-great Dumbledore run onto the field, his patronus barely visible as he shooed the Dementors off the pitch and cast spells at the falling Harry.

Sirius you have to go, now. They're going to be surrounding the pitch any second now, and once they circle the place you won't be able to leave. Olivia turned back to him, and she saw the uncertainty on his canine face as he nodded and sprinted away, leaving Olivia alone, bruised, and with nowhere to go until the rain was over.

As the students were abandoning the stands, Olivia tried once again to fly, only to get ten feet before crashing once again- but this time in the path of hundreds of panicked students.

The crowd didn't see the small black bird, and the ginger boy who first ran past landed a kick that knocked Olivia out cold- and five feet in front of where she originally lay.

The ginger boy didn't notice his damage, but thankfully for Olivia, the bushy-haired girl behind him did. She was in too much of a hurry to do anything, so she stuck the unresponsive but breathing bird in her cloak pocket, keeping a gentle grasp as she climbed the stairs to the infirmary wing.

~~

Sorry for the delays, my mental health is steadily declining once again and writing doesn't really feel fun anymore. I'll still upload when i'm in a good mood, but right now that's few and far between.

Anyway, please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!