I viewed my desktop for appointments and other schedules realising none of them were for the next three days except one which read - "Uni Guy"

"Hey!"

"Yes?!" I asked looking up.

"Nandini! " he exclaimed.

Wait! How did this guy know my name?! I looked upto face him. I guess I gwaked at his face for quite sometime, not knowing how to react before I finally let out his name,

" Aryamaan!" I said literally jumping out of my seat.

"Hello there!" he said flashing his teeth as I stepped out from behind my desk.

"Are you for real!" I asked pinching his right arm while he faked as if he was badly hurt.

"So good to see you man!" he said while I found his hands on my shoulder.

"Yes!....lekin...tum yehan kaise?" I asked.

"Areey...I actually got this assignment you know from the university and stuff....and I was allotted Q-label...."

"What assignment....?"

"Well....our renowned university...want a full audit about how different music companies work...."he said quoting inverted commas in the air for the word "renowned" with little chuckle.

"Okay....so you're here to meet Manik?" I asked.

"Apparently....but we catch up tonight...." he said looking around.

"I don't know about that...." I causally shrugged remembering the current situation I was caught in.

"Oh come one Nandini...it's been long that we have talked....years actually...don't ditch this now!" he pleaded holding my hand.

"Aryaman....I have to check--"

"You are coming, decided!" he spoke for me as well.

I went on to protest when the door to Manik's cabin opened.

He stepped out from inside and gave us a weird look.

I sensed Aryaman left my hand turning towards Manik,

"What is going on!" he asked, his hands on both sides of his hips.

"We....we...we're just..." I stammered.

"Ahhh....I was asking if you were busy....or not...sir...I actually came from the university of..." but he cut him off in the middle.

"Aryamaan right! " he said.

"Umm...yes...that's me!" Aryamaan replied offering his hand to Manik.

"Well come on in..." he said shaking hands with him.

"Yes...sure...." he said.

They both motioned to leave when I found Aryamaan return back from the door,

I raised my brows while I saw him take up a random piece of paper refering it as his, while his lips motioned in a whisper,

"5:30 ...today evening....Salt Water Cafe....I'll pick you up...!..Don't ditch me! " he said before he turned back to my boss who was glaring at his gesture already.

I looked at them as the door shut again and sniffled.

"What more do you have in store for me!" I asked looking up at the ceiling, though I was really glad that I finally had a known face here.

~~~~~~~~~

"I'm really honoured to be present here sir...." I heard the university guy speak as we entered the room.

"So you know Nandini? " I asked out of interest provided having witnessed their chit chat session. I was bound to step out of my cabin earlier on account of noises I heard from the desk outside. And what do I see! These two holding hands! Like what does one even come here for?! Romance around or WORK!

"Ya...school friend...." he stated while I asked him to be seated.

"Oh okay..." I said sitting down on my chair as well.

"So when can I start the work!" He asked inquisitive.

"The work!...ya about that....I'd like to keep certain things my way..."

"Yes?..."

"First of all...do not interfere much about things going on downstairs....two..I want no disturbance while the trianees work...you can analyze as much as you want....but no disturbance...no chit chats....nothing....just work..." I said reminding him about Nandini.

"Ummmn...okay....so I shall start from today?" He asked.

"Start tomorrow....I gotta brief the rest first...!" I mentioned.

"Okay then...." he said nodding.

"Tomorrow...10 am!..." I added.

"Thanks a lot for helping me out in this....means a lot to me!" he said.

"So what do you exactly work for!" I asked.

"The university....I'm in the music department...like in the faculty list...." he spoke.

"Oh so you teach there!"

"Yeah...I teach there....and then this assignment was given by the board of directors so....here I am!"

I faked a smile.

We looked at each other not knowing what to say next when suddenly the door barged open. I tiltled my head a little to see Cabir enter while Aryamaan turned his head around.

"Manik!" he called out but stopped midway seeing the second.

"I...I'll take your leave then!" I heard Aryamaan say.

I nodded to his request while he stood up and turned to leave, passing Cabir a smile.

We waited for him to shut the door after which Cabir spoke again,

"Kya hua! " I asked as he placed some papers on my table.

"The lyrics!" He sighed.

I looked down at those papers and was amazed.

"Kahan se mile !" I asked.

"Dhruv!....he'd left them at the office only...thank god...aur tune bekar mein Alya pe chilla diya!!" He stated nodding his head in negative.

I was amazed at Nandini's prediction. Maybe she wasn't lying after all. Maybe she was really trying to help!

"You better talk to Alya...." he mentioned next.

"I will...." I replied.

"Waise woh kaun tha? " he asked refering to Aryamaan.

"Ah that...you remember I had told you about that university guy!..."

"Ahhh him...."

"Cabir yaar .....please go and brief the others downstairs...."

"Cool...I'll do that.." he said and turned to leave.

"He starts 10 tomorrow...." I called for attention.

He showed me a thumbs up sign and shut the door behind him.

I looked around my cabin as various thoughts flew through my mind. There were memories attached to everything in here. Q-Label was a big break for fab five and what I feared most was of it breaking and us scattering away from one another. A fear instilled in me from the day I knew I could get no better friends than them but now! But now that I kind of sit here being a part of this plan to expose Dhruv those fears have come to life again. Things wouldn't be the same. Ever.

I sighed in disappointment and looked out of the window again.

A/N:
Do tell me how you found this chapter. Shall be updating really soon.
Stay tuned :)
Adios ❤