8

Once the dust settled, I saw several angry shop workers come swaggering out of the garage bay. I recognized the tattoos and the MC insignia on the sign out front. Los Santos MC. I grabbed my pistol and tucked it into the waistband of my boxer briefs. "Stay in the truck Hannah. Lock the doors." I told her. "But-" I cut her off with a stern look. "Yes sir." She said and prepared to lock the doors once I was out. I waited for the telltale click before I approached the men. "Hey son you got some balls flying in here like that. You loco or something? Rolling up here in your drawers. Gimme one reason I shouldn't kick your ass right here." The leader spoke up. "Because someone cut my brake lines, and my ol lady is in the truck, scared out of her mind. She just got out of the hospital, because the same person cut her lines too. My name is Brantley Gilbert, and my sunshine here, her name is Hannah Bellington." I explained. The leader nodded. "Understood. We're good man." I let out the breath I was holding and slowly turned around so my back was to them. I pulled my pistol out and laid it on the hood of my truck, then turned back to the crew. "Hell Riders are allies to us brother. I recognize you now. You've been gone a long time Hoss. A lot has changed around here. New management. Your lady is safe here." I nodded and shook his hand, glad the tension was gone. Before I enlisted, I rode for the Hell Riders MC, had the ink stamped across my back to prove it. When I got deployed, the Riders and the Santos weren't on the best of terms. I motioned Hannah out of the truck. She stood still, half hiding behind the door. "Yeah I know you man, been off overseas, fightin the good fight huh?" I nodded. "Daddy?" I heard Hannah ask uncertainly. "Come here sunshine, it's alright." I reassured her and she came forward slowly. I held my hand out for her, and when she got close she took it, wrapping both of her little hands around mine. "Hannah, meet the Los Santos riders. Boys, meet My sunshine, Hannah." I made introductions. "You got yourself a good girl there brother. No collar or cut yet?" One of the Los Santos riders asked. "I'm workin on it." I smirked. When Hannah saw that we really were allies, she finally relaxed. "Hey soldier boy, the garage is yours amigo. We'll push your truck in and check it out." One of the guys called out. I nodded in thanks.

After checking out my truck, we changed out the brake lines and climbed in to go back home. "So you used to ride a motorcycle?" Hannah asked. "Still do. I've got three at the house." I nodded. "I've never ridden one before. Do you think maybe you could take me riding one day?" She asked shyly. "Sunshine I'd love to take you for a ride." She smiled at me, and scooted across the seat, cuddling into my side.