•Keep It (pt 2)•

Harry had taken a liking to working in Draco's shop. The blonde had taught him how to do simple things and he usually helped design the larger pieces, because they worked much like installations.

What Harry liked the most though, was that Draco had let him in. They had been dating for a few months before he finally broke down and accepted Harry's help when it came to the shop. Another few months for Harry to do more than sweep up trash or wash windows. A year in and Draco let his boyfriend solder his first piece. Two years and Harry had taken to the art of jewelry and metals like a fish to water. They were creating things together or picking up on pieces the other had long since forgotten in the workshop. Days that were slow meant that Harry would head directly for Draco's office where he had a huge dry erase board that he used to keep up with events.

"Potter! Don't you dare-"

"We finished all the events today, Draco. Relax for once. It's a white board I have to draw on it." Harry peeped out of the door at Malfoy with a goofy smile on his face. "An artist's work is never done and all that, you know?"

"If I miss an appointment because of you, I'll have your head!" Draco said mostly just for the dramatics of it before Harry peeped his head out again wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Which one?"

"Just erase it and lets go, Harry."

"Wait, I'm not done yet," Harry said faking a whine and pouting while looking at his boyfriend as he came to stand at the office door.

"Would you kindly just get out of my damn store so I could lock up?" The blonde snapped then shut his mouth clearly trying to keep his composure.

Harry laughed and erased his work from the board before grabbing everything he needed for a project and placing it in his workbox and following Draco out of the shop.

"Coming, dear."

"Not yet, you aren't."

His green eyes stood out as his skin flushed at the implications of what the blonde had said to him.

"Really," he asked. They had been putting off doing it. Draco was always busy or a family thing had to be handled right away. "You're sure?"

"I can't see myself doing it with anyone else anymore, love. Not to mention I have no work or family obligations. Just me and you all weekend." He smirked.

"Oh, whatever shall we do?" Harry feigned confusion while pulling Draco behind him towards the car to head back to their flat.

The next morning they were back in the store. Harry rushed to the back end where his workspace was. He stayed quiet all day, which made Draco equally upset and nervous. He didn't even answer when Draco knocked and asked for permission to come in. This continued for a week or so. He would only see Harry in the store the first and last few minutes of the day while they were either opening or closing. He knew Harry would come out to greet and meet with customers, but he only ever got glances of the man because of all the orders coming in.

When Harry finally removed himself from isolation he promised Draco that nothing was wrong. It was just another one of his surprise projects. He shouldn't even worry about it.

Spoiler alert: Draco was worried about it.

Draco never really liked surprises, but it seemed like all Harry did was surprise him and he loved that about him.

He loved how much his life had changed in the last 2 years. How much of that was because of Harry? He mused to himself.

The next day at work was as normal as any other. After the last customer had left Harry had ran to Draco's office to doodle on the board. There were hearts and flowers and wands and small cauldrons. Harry always told Draco he thought their relationship was magical so he drew it as such whenever he got the chance. In one of the hearts he wrote both of their names. He was like a Fourth Year with a crush.

Before the list of appointments Draco had his name written across the top of the board so they could know which pieces were for which artist to work on. Harry chuckled as he wrote -Potter after his boyfriend's last name.

"You really should give it up, love," said Draco walking into the room. "It's time to go home. We'll come back tomorrow. C'mon erase the board." Harry nodded solemnly and erased everything leaving their names hyphenated together.

"Let me go grab my portfolio case," he said as he jogged quickly into his own workspace to gather his things. Draco stepped closer to his desk and began packing up things he wouldn't need the next day when he noticed Harry hadn't finished cleaning the board and blushed a bit.

"I'm not cleaning up after you!" He called out to Harry, who had taken his things to the car and stood at the door with feigned leisure.

"What d'you mean?" the raven haired man asked tilting his head slightly while looking at the board as if he saw nothing wrong with it.

"Your name," said Draco looking at the board for only a second in case he had only imagined it. When he saw he hadn't he spoke again before turning back. "Yeah, you left your name."

"I don't think so," said Harry on one knee. He held out a ring that wrap around like a snake with stones cut to be as pale as Malfoy's glistening skin and emeralds set in place like eyes so he would never forget who loved him. "I was giving it to you. Will you keep it?"

"You stupid git," said Draco pushing his shoulder but taking the ring. "Of course I will."

~~~<~>~~~

i had this in mind since
the first one tbh

comment ideas 💡
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋