Chapter 8: Answers

You fought the urge to talk to Simone. You couldn't storm through the now crowded class room- you'd have to wait until dinner.

But Simone wasn't the only one to make an entrance. Just as you nudged Eleanor and identified the black haired girl as your missing roommate, another girl walked in.

You'd have thought for sure she was a student, if it weren't for her white uniform and navy bow tie. She looked like an inverted version of the rest of you.

Immediately, several of the students, boys and girls included, began to holler.

You raised an eyebrow at Eleanor to see if he knew who this was, but he just shrugged.

The girl was fairly small, with short brown hair, wearing her white blazer with an even whiter smile.

She seemed to be used to the recognition and raised her hands in an attempt to stop the cheering and applause.

"Now now, that'll be enough." She said calmly.

The students obeyed and listened with excitement.

"Now, I'm sure most of you remember me from last year," she said, pacing at the front with a sly grin. "And if you don't, I clearly didn't give you a hard enough time."

"I beg to differ!" A male voice called from the back, eliciting laughter. You were in the same row and he was just a few seats down.

The teacher chuckled as she raised her hands to silence the classroom again. She put her hands on her hips and eyed the red head who spoke.

"You're the one who gave me a hard time last year." She said in good humour. "Now, as Theodore knows, you can call me Syllabil. And as he's well aware, you have to work very hard to succeed in this class."

You exchanged glances with Eleanor.

"Now, if you please, we'll start our English class with a short reading." Syllabil said happily.

The class didn't last long at all, even though at least an hour went by. It was your first day after all, and you began to see why your classmates liked Sylabil so much. How cool is a teacher who asks you to call them by their first name?

But as fun and strangely relatable as the young brunette was, you were itching to ask Simone about her night, and tell her yours in the process. Both of you seemed to be forgetting the rules just a bit.

When class was over, Eleanor told you he'd catch up as he went along with many other students, to talk to Sylabil. You didn't wait and practically ran down the steps to Simone. She was beginning to put her notes in her bag.

"Simone!" You called.

"Oh, hey y/n." She said casually, packing up without looking at you

"I know we're not the best of friends but WHERE ON EARTH were you last night?" You asked loudly.

Simone's blue eyes met yours slowly.

"I forgot something." She said. "And I met someone."

"You... you met someone? Who?" You inquired. "And what did you forget?"

"Don't worry about it." She replied, slinging her bag over her shoulder. Your attention was drawn to the white bandage over her neck.

"What happened?" You asked, disatisfied with her lack of answers.

"I fell running up the castle stairs this morning, that's why I couldn't give the Arcadia tour," she explained without interest.

"Okay, but- I saw you during the tour; you ran through the plaza garden." You said, trying to understand. But Simone shook her head. "It was you, same uniform, same hair."