Chapter 30: A Day in Delwood

"Come on, I've carried you before." Bel laughed.

"It's undignified." You said, folding your arms.

You stood with Bel, waiting for the others. It was still morning enough, the birds crowing in the distance as the sun sleepily made its way above the clouds. The autumn wind forced you to clutch your jacket stubbornly.

"Cold y/n?" Said Lucian. "We can pick you up something warm from town when we get there."

The white haired boy buttoned his dark coat as he made his way over to you, just near the edge of the dorms on the porch.

"You could always take my jacket, y/n."

You shook your head.

"That's alright. Besides, I still have your shirt from last weekend..."

"Hoooo, making these sleepovers a regular thing now are we?" Cooed a boy from the entrance. Avery leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed.

Lucian sighed in frustration. You felt the heat rise in your cheeks.

"Stop it." You chastised.

"It's best just to ignore him." Lucian told you.

"Mmmm hm." Avery swaggered over to the three of you. "Because that always works out so well for you."

"Why are you even coming?" Lucian rolled his eyes, trying not to look bothered.

"Can't trust me there, can't trust me here..." Avery shrugged arrogantly. "You think I want to be babysat? I'm older than half of you."

"You don't look like it." Roman remarked dryly as he entered the courtyard.

"Where is Dimitri?" Asked Bel. He smiled at you to ease the tension.

"Probably doing his makeup." Said Avery. "Got to look his best for Daddy Cadere." The boy winked at you.

You watched as Belmont burst into laughter; Avery looking absolutely thrilled with himself. He even got a snicker from Roman. Lucian pulled a copper flask from his jacket and quickly took a swig.

"It's a little early for that, don't you think?" You dared ask.

"If you want some, all you have to do is ask." Said Lucian, shaking the flask with a grim smile. He took another swig without looking at you.

"We're leaving now." Said the boy next to emerge from the doorway. Dimitri looked unforgivably handsome in his casual attire. Come to think of it- all of them were remarkably attractive.

You wondered if it was a vampire thing; you thought of asking them but decided against it. To the side, you swore you heard Lucian chuckle.

"Bel said he was going to carry me-" you began.

"Yeah I call dibs." He said enthusiastically.

"No I mean- you're not actually going to, are you?" You asked, looking at the five of them.

"Well, it would likely be the fastest way." Dimitri said with a shadow of a smile.

"Let's not make this any longer than it has to be." Said Roman curtly.

"Can't we just- take a train or something?" You asked quickly.

"No, and unless you'd like to swim, which I know you're very good at," said Lucian," then I agree with Roman. We should get going."

"The sooner Cadere gets back the sooner he can sort out what needs sorting out." Dimitri said simply.

You met each of the boys' gazes. With a sigh, you knew there was no use arguing.