Chapter 7: Libraries and Liquor

No sooner had you found the library than you wished you had a watch. The castle did have an enormous clock near the center but it was too late to check.

You didn't pass many students on your way there and when you managed to enter the phenomenal building, it was still very quiet.

But it was a library, after all.

You instantly thought of the beast's library from Beauty and the Beast. There were row upon row of books, and Theodore was right. The sky high section of the castle was allll library.

That was probably why you didn't see anyone checking out books. There was just too much library, too many books, too little students. Not even a librarian that you could see.

You decided to just have at it and look through as many books as possible. But where to begin?

After about ten minutes of waffling through shelves, you were having trouble finding anything. You were starting to see the drawback of such a massive library.

Suddenly, a spine caught your eye that you recognized. One of your favourite novels! It was closer to the back of the library on the wall that surrounded you in books.

You made to grab it. But it was too high up to reach.

"Here, let me help you," a voice suddenly said from the side. A hand reached above you and grabbed the book with ease. You turned your head towards the stranger.

Handing you the book was another student, tall, with white hair that fell gracefully over golden eyes. Unlike the other boys you'd run into recently, he looked mature. But it wasn't just his height. His eyes weren't young or needy- they were soft but piercing at the same time.

And of course, what made him stand out in this library of two, was his black uniform against your blue one.

When you kept looking at him wondering where he came from, he nudged the book towards you again as if to say, 'take it.'

"Thanks." You said awkwardly, taking the book.

"Don't mention it." He said, then began to walk away.

"You should stay away from him..." You thought to yourself.

Wait- why would you think that?
He was one of the nicer boys you'd seen in your lifetime. He didn't have to help you out.

"Stay away from him..."
"It'll only mean trouble..."
"Leave."

An onslaught of thoughts invaded your mind.

"Maybe I should go, class probably starts soon." You thought to yourself, stroking the cover of your book. But your eyes traced the steps of where the boy must have gone.

You didn't think about it. You just decided to follow him.

Through those shelf passage ways, there was yet another room. It was easy to miss. But wedged between the shelves was a very old looking door. It was partially open.

You strolled over to it and were about to knock, before it slowly opened on its own.

Sitting at a beautiful desk was the boy, writing with a quill on some parchment. His golden eyes looked up to meet yours behind his white tresses.

"I'm- I'm sorry." You stuttered. "It was open and I was about to knock-"

But he held up a hand.

"It's fine." He said.

You almost didn't see it when you walked in, but the room was magnificent. It was like a smaller library in a library. There was a gorgeous boy at a gorgeous desk surrounded by gorgeous books. What Eleanor said was true- all the night students must have been models in a past life.