This has to end

JONATHON'S POV

Part of me was telling me that if I didn't pull away now I would lose all the control I had left. But I couldn't do it, I didn't want to. The kiss was gradually getting more and more intense as time went on, so part of me was relieved when Elijah broke into my room. The other part of me however was pissed that he interrupted us.

"What do you think you're doing?!" he said. His black eyes made it clear that his wolf was in control.

I stood up and put Raine behind me. "Elijah think for a moment." I said stepping closer to him.

"Back away from my mate Jonathon." he said growling.

"Stop it!" Raine said taking him by surprise. Thankfully hearing her voice calmed his wolf enough for him to gain control again.

Regret soon filled his eyes once he realized what had happened "Oh my god, I am so sorry." 

"I can't handle this anymore Elijah." Raine said angrily as tears ran down her cheeks.

He looked at her with pity swirling in his eyes "I know it's not fair to you. For that I'm truly sorry."

She laughed bitterly "You're right, it's not fair. I'm not rejected, just unwanted."

I pulled her to my side once again trying to provide her with some form of comfort. "I think you should leave Elijah." I told him as he visibly stiffened at the contact I made with Raine.

He nodded before turning to leave. "Wait." Raine called out. "This has to end."

He quickly turned around hurt and anger flashing across his face. "Please don't do this." he pleaded.

"If you won't do this then I will." she said taking a deep breathe. "I, Raine Andrews, reject you, Elijah Woods, as my mate."

Elijah dropped to the floor clutching his chest in pain as their mate bond broke. If I wasn't holding onto Raine she would have dropped to. "Now we can both just forget each other and be happy." 

A few moments later we could hear Rose calling out to Elijah, asking him where he is and all. It wasn't long until she ended up in the doorway to my room. She gasped at the sight of Elijah on the floor clutching his chest and a crying Raine glued to my side.

"What happened?!" she asked rushing to Elijah's side. "Are you okay?"

"I'll tell you what happened Rose." I said glaring at the couple standing before me. "She let him go."

Understanding crossed Rose's face whereas hurt crossed Elijah's. With one last glare I guided Raine out of the room and down to the kitchen. "Let's get you something to eat. What do you want?" I asked sitting her down on the bar. Now that her heat was under control no one should be messing with her.

"A sandwich is fine, thanks." she said giving me a small smile.

I nodded and gathered everything to make her and I a sandwich and when I was done I made sure she ate everything. After going through something like that you can easily lose your appetite. I looked up at the sweet and beautiful girl across from me. She didn't deserve all the shit she's been through. I don't know much about her so we asked each other questions in hopes of taking her mind off of what had happened. I learned as much as I could about her. 

favorite color: blue

favorite food: bacon

hobbies: art

favorite holiday: halloween 

and so much more. I learned about how her mom died when she was 10 and how her dad was never around afterwards. And the more I learned about her the more I realized that...

I liked her...